WTB: HDTV Antenna

anyone know where i can get a cheap one locally? or have any info on them? im looking into it instead of buying the digital HD cable. any suggestions?

rabbit ears :slight_smile:

+1

I’ve got a $3 set in my attic, laying down flat on the floor pointing east, with about a 1 foot spread on the two masts and I’m getting all my local HD channels with high 70’s to low 90’s signal strength.

That’s NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, PBS and what ever shitty channel Gilmore Girls is on because my wife was happy to see that show in HD. :slight_smile:

so regular rabbit ears will pick up HD?

yes they will

what else do you need, just the antenna? I heard it looks better then cable

Step 1. hook up an antenna to your tv.
step 2. wiggle antenna (to south east)
step 3. watch tv

the inside of my colon looks better than cable

^LOL

any tv antenna picks up HD.

ok, tried it and it looks like crap. could my location have anything to do with it? im in tonawanda.

or do i just need a better (i.e. more than the $5 radio shack special) antenna?

search FTW

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21699&highlight=hd+ota+antenna

basically a how to

Well your TV needs to have a HD tuner built in, if thats true then yea rabbit ears will work.

Yeah, the fact that you said “it looks like crap” means you’re looking at the analog channels, not the HD digital channels.

With HD you would either get the signal in all it’s glorious HD wonder, or you would get nothing. There is no static with a digital picture. If you’re on the edge of the signal you’ll get a crystal clear picture that freezes and digitizes, but you’ll never see “crap”.

With HD you either get it perfectly clear or you don’t get it at all. Analog are the only channels where you can halfway get it and recieve the shadow pictures.

Truth.

With an indoor antenna, you aren’t going to get very good hdtv, maybe only PBS, but nothing else will come in clear.

When you don’t get the full signal you get skipping, etc.

I have an outdoor antenna if your interested, its a terk brand and hooks to a mini dish pole (I can include that also)

my indoor antenna gets everything but canada

ok, i stopped the auto scan because i was impatient. now i remember it saying that it found analog channels, but not digital. ill let it go all the way through. any suggestions on what to buy if this doesnt work? i dont think an outdoor antenna will work because i am in an apt building.

thanks for the input

make sure the antenna is pointed correctly

and make sure u got a hd tuner in your tv :slight_smile: