Over the air HDTV

Anyone able to get it with a indoor antenna? What type do you have?

I know some people in the city and in towers able to get it but curious how it works in general.

I live in a house by canisius and looking for other options than upgrading my DirecTV dish and box.

i live out in the sticks and use my rabbit ears to pick up local channels in hd. when i lived on loring by canisius, i nevered used it though. it should work no problem for you though.

I have shitty rabbit ears that I hooked up during the whole Lin Broadcasting issue, it was an incredible picture. I think that the tuner is more important than the antenna.

is there any difference between a HD antenna and a standard rabbit ears that were on old TVs?

you can use standard rabbit ears they will work fine if you can calibrate them properly but if you have directv i would call and find a reason to bitch they will upgrade you for like 20 bucks…

ok we just have a older service with the shitty boxes that all use co ax to hook into the tv. someone told me they need a hd dish too that has a different adapter on it or something too so we will see

yea you need the new dish but i had the same issue if you can come up with a good enough reason…specifically you are gonna switch if they dont work with you they will give in and just charge you 19.99 for installation fees

I replaced my dish on the side of my house with an over the air shark fin antenna from Phillips ( http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5000836 ). It was considered an indoor / outdoor antenna and was $38.00 @ Walmart. the great thing about it was that you can use the coax cables from the current dish install and the amplifier is located right were the coax connects to the tv. I just left the arm that held the dish and bolted the shark fin to the pole. It works great!!

I live near the city, so we can get most of the channels with the 2 dollar antenna that time warner gave me during the channel 4 lockout.

Once we go all digital in 2009, people are going to be fucked. If you live in Lockport, or way outside the city you can’t get shit over the air without a rooftop antenna.

I have tried it.

ok cool. ill grab a cheapo one this week and see what i can get.

Do a search for OTA and posts by jays and nikuk. I know we had a big discussion on.