Best place to buy watches in Canada

I’m looking to buy used or new Swiss watch but don’t want to pay border and shipping fees.

Where and when do you guys get best deals for quality watches in Canada?

i can help you with this but only really with watches over $3k.

speaking about watches, what do you guys think of Invicta watches. anyone had one? would like to hear from an owner.

would like a TAG watch. but I would need a sell my kouki to own one of those. * sad face*

Ok Bing, entertain us.

Adam, get involved in this thread on nyspeed about watches: http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?35846-Watch-Crew-What-to-buy/page52

better to have the dialogue in there.

basicallly i have a guy who is a wholesaler / consigner to other jewellery stores and deals in watches $5k - $60k locally and only deals privately. you can’t really browse though and it’s appointment only as well. as i type this I’m not even sure how to refer you…lol

Friends don’t let friends buy invictas

i’m pretty sure they’re just cheap watches, never seen them advertised for full price.

thanks for the heads up guys.

they looked alright to me anyways, don’t know their history

I want a dress watch, but cant afford to spend a 1000 on a watch. so I’m looking into different brands and quality.

I don’t want to end up buying a citizen or a seiko like every other guy.

check teh nyspeed watch thread.

you’re best bet is put aside $500 - $700 and get an Oris or Hamilton. They MSRP from $1,400 - $2,000 but the second hand market is full of good clean ones for in the range i have suggested. that is where i started a couple years back and moved up from there. If you buy smart you wont lose $$$ when you move up into better watches.

Check out a tissot visodate, beautiful piece