mens watch.

Ive been working my ass off lately and have been thinking of treating myself to a decent watch. For the price and quality Ive been looking at tissots alot lately. Looking to spend $600 or less. Ive been to macys and they have a limited selection. Does any other places around carry them?

Also would buy one privately off someone if anyone has any decent swiss made watches theyd like to sell.

post up any pics info or prices if anyone knows of anything thanks.

Ive had my eye on one of these. be a good conversation piece

http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/collection/american-classic/ventura

do not do tissot.

get a clean second hand Oris or Hamilton off ebay, watchuseek, timezone etc.

for Oris look at an F1 and for Hamilton look at a Jazzmaster or one of their khaki field chronographs…

something that msrp’s in the $900 - $1,400 range should be attainable second hand for $600 or so… don’t be afraid to up your budget a few bucks if a nicer piece comes along. you will not regret it.

buy this one and save a bunch of money…

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?243756-Mens-Folssil-watch

He said he is looking for a MENS watch, not a boys watch.

Also not sure if your serious as he is selling the watch you linked.

I have a Tag Heuer Kirium I’d sell. Great shape just don’t wear it much.

TAG Heuer WL1112-0 Professional 200 Meter Sport Diver

• Black dial
  • Stainless Steel band
  • MSRP was $1,200

I’ll sell for $450

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25554[/ATTACH]

I HAD TO LOL
:clap:

I think you missed in llink…

hmm why not tissot? theyve been making watches for ever and have a good reputation and every jeweler i know says they are good. Im more of a sport/ chronograph guy. I dont mind tweaking the budget a bit either if the deal is right.

hmm Ill def keep this in mind!

have you asked a watch dealer that doesn’t sell Tissot what they think of Tissot?

Tissot has no street cred and very little of a secondary market… it’s like Movado. You can pay $1,500 for a Movado or a Tissot or an Oris and when you want to upgrade the Oris will be the only one that holds any value. The Movado and Tissot will sit on a watch winder or in a box and it’ll be that watch you bought before you got to know watches. I have a couple of that kind of watch :slight_smile:

Yes thats all ive asked. i dont listen to dealers opinion on watches. They’re salesmen they’re going to say anything to sell you on it. I talk to small time reputable jewelers and people that actually repair watches. Im new to the watch game. Ive worn fossils and guess watches most of my life but after talking to some people and making a little more money now Id like to get something halfway decent lol. Not something worth crazy money or to hold value or anything, just a good quality nice looking watch.

I like the idea of wearing a swiss made watch made by a company thats been making watches for hundreds of years. That and listening to watch makers say for the money that tissots were good watches and made well.

Tissot is a good watch mechanically. Not really that different than Hamilton. They’re both owned by Swatch and use ETA movements.

Street cred is low, but it’s a good value if you don’t need the recognition and you get a good deal.

Buy that tag up there before a tissot unless the tissot really speaks to you.

To be honest I loved the higher end hugo boss watches because of how they looked when I went out looking at macys… but then my mother talked me out of it because they are just nice looking piece of crap Japanese made watches and your not paying for value. Youre paying for the name on it. Then got me into swiss made watches because they are the best quality and hold some value. I like the look of some tissots. I like chronograph/ sport style watches. I dont really know. To be honest im still new to this haha.

Check out the Breitling Colt Quartz. Those can be had under 800 on the used market, and it will basically stay at that price forever. Plus its a Breitling

i scored this in your price range with some coin to spare…

not sure if these are on your radar…?

My suggestion is don’t rush the purchase. Continue to read forums and look at watches for a little while and figure out what you really want. If you can, spend that time settings aside some more money. Once you know what you want, start scouring the classifieds on the watch forums. IMO, used is the best value. I don’t even know how long I’ve had my Williams F1 for, but I LOVE it. I spent around what you’re looking to spend. Probably going to take it to a local repair shop for a cleaning and regulating soon.

^how big is that face?

It’s Flavor Flavs watch…

To be honest ive never even seen one of those watches before. Not bad though.

Yes thats my plan any good watch forums around??