mens watch.

watchuseek.com has been my go-to. kinda stopped going there though because it makes me want to buy more watches lol

Thats a very nice looking time piece. Would totally rock that, but searching quickly didn’t net anything used under $900.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-tissot-seastar-1000-a-976044.html

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/f-s-deep-blue-sea-diver-1k-black-bezel-blue-dial-excellent-condition-976562.html

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/oris-tt1-diver-date-7533-black-dial-bezel-bracelet-box-papers-%24650-976561.html

found these… I absolutely love these watches

After talking with a few more watch makers, Ive been told tissots, hamiltons, and oris are nice watches but almost always cant be repaired here due to swatch making parts near impossible to get in the U.S. Requiring the watches to be sent back to Switzerland for repair. So that being said Im completely lost once again and am just leaning towards a cheap Japanese hugo boss watch because they can be fixed here cheap.

Bump Ive heard /read alot of mixed things today. Basically im looking for a nice reliable watch that will last me a long time and just be something I enjoy. I like the idea of automatics and swiss watches but when I think of that I think of big money to repair and parts being limited in the states. Should I stay away from lower end automatic/ swiss watches? Should I keep looking? I love the tissot sea star and some lower end oris’s and am intrigued by what I read on deep blue watches…Or should I just go fuck myself?

53mm

something like that…

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_W7PaWl0cZdY/S5Ckj9F_UYI/AAAAAAAABGs/wnhg_hi7V6g/s400/clarkson.jpg

you may have to service a hamilton or Oris once every couple years and thats about it.

also, on those watches you’re mostly just looking at a lubricating service and maybe a slight adjustment… no overhauls like on Rolex / Omega that cost upwards of $600 +++

That Oris TT1 is nice!

To have a mechanical failure on the watch will be rare. If it DOES break, you can send it out to an authorized repair facility if your local watchmakers can’t fix it. The cost of that might be high, but you’ll probably get a brand new watch back…

hmm alright thanks for the info guys!

It def is!. If I can somehow talk the guy down to 500, ill pull the trigger on it.

• Updated - - -

Im intrigued by the sea star because of the looks and price for what it is, but it looks like a massive watch it says its only 42mm wide but I have a 44mm fossil I wear that doesnt seem that big.

The oris I really like but hes firm at $650 right now and Im gonna wait it out in search of a better deal I think.

Does anyone know anything about these deep blue watches? are they decent?

I’m not the guy selling, but I have that exact deep blue watch. Mine has a Seiko movement, though they are available with a swiss eta for some more $$$.

The watch has a nice weight to it and feels great on my wrist. For the price it’s not a bad piece.

I was in a somewhat similar position about 2 months ago looking for my first ‘decent’ watch. I pulled the trigger on an Orient Mako. I love it, it didn’t break the bank, and should last years and year and years. Highly regarded as an affordable diver on f71 if you like that style, and again something that is affordable for the first go-round and still looks outstanding on the wrist. It may not be as highly regarded, fancy, etc. as the ‘swiss’ autos, but its exactly what I was looking for in my first watch. There are a few other similar styles from Orient, and different colors too if your’e looking for a black dial, etc.

Heres a pic for reference:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25572[/ATTACH]

hmm I did see a few guys posting about these for the money on watchuseek. Thanks for the info!

If you want to see it in person they have some examples at littman jewelers (sp) in the boulevard mall.

PS- By no means am I an expert, I just researched on watchuseek for about a month or two and also listened to some advise on here as well from Bing and others.

Discussing Oris and Orient in the same thread? ugh, sorry but Japenese movements are mostly plastic junk.

Just putting it out there that you don’t need to drop $500 to be satisfied for your first watch that isn’t a fossil quartz. I’m sure their are some japanese movements that are plastic junk, but from many reviews Orient is pretty solid for what they cost. Yes, Oris has good quality and not bashing on it, just stating their are other options as well to explore.

Please provide legitimate proof of this.

what he means is that they arent cool because nothing japanese is cool except some cars… mostly Nissans.

I’ve had Seiko watches open. There are a bunch of plastic parts in them. I’m sure that different companies (and even different models) make their movements differently, but there is a reason why they’re as cheap as they are.

edit: the ones I’ve seen are quartz, the autos may not be plastic…

I know nothing of the watch, it just reminds me of a pepsi bezel gmt (which will likely be my first big boy watch, or a panerai), but for 1/20th of the price, i dont think you can go wrong

I have an orient. The band broke and I have yet to get it fixed. Quality piece for the money but certainly nothing to floss like you’re a big shot.

pretty much all quarts movement use plastic parts, even tag heuer and omega that cost thousands of dollars use plastic shit for their quartz movements