Best rehab places in WNY for stroke recovery.

Father had a major stroke last night and know he’s going to need to go into a recovery home in the very near future. I or nobody I know has any info on this. Any help is greatly appreciated and would be from the bottom of our hearts.
Thanks
D

Sorry to hear that man…My grandmother had one about 10 years ago.

I am 99% sure she was at Greenfield in Lancaster after the hospital but I will look into it.

I have nothing to add except for the fact that I wish for a speedy recovery for your father.

That sucks. Hopefully he pulls through and has a good recovery. I have had a few strokes in my family but none in Buffalo so I am really useless on where to go locally.

We send a lot of our stroke pt’s to Kenmore Mercy Hospital Medical Rehab (my mom was also there for a knee replacement) lots of success and very highly rated. Hope he recovers quickly, everyone progresses at a different pace. Thoughs are with you and your family

http://www.chsbuffalo.org/Facilities/Rehab/MRU

Brothers of Mercy in Clarence is supposed to be decent. Good luck.

I hear decent things about kenmore as well as degraffs rehab. Brothers of mercy is really good but im not sure if they do stroke rehab.

I work with medical professionals, I’ll ask if they have any suggestions and text you. Hoping for the best for yall.

Good luck. I wish him the best.

Fillmore Gates Suburban has the best/most state of the art facility for treating strokes. (lots of my in laws are in health care in buffalo)

Sorry to hear. Wish him the best on a speedy recovery.

Just found out my Grandmother was at KMH initially and then went to Greenfield to some additional therapy

Thanks guys. My sister said our grandpa went to brothers for a stroke in the 80’s and she remembers my Dad being happy with his care. The neurologist said earlier he probably never drive again and just bought a brand new harley a few weeks ago which is parked next to his new vette. The news will kill him when he comes out of this.

In my experience, that was the hardest thing…the stroke…the recovery…all very tough to handle…but when my Grandmother found out she could no longer drive and had to be reliant on people, she really aged quickly and became mad at the world for many years. Now she has sort of accepted her fate or became accustomed to her life as it now exists.

As with most things, the mental and emotional toll is far worse than the physical.