best rims/ rim size for drag slicks

14" or 15" inch wheel would be best. With 350 torque I wouldn’t go with anything larger than a 24.5" tall slick. I tried a 26" slick when I was at 345 torque. It was great off the line, but slowed the car down once I shifted into the higher gears (3rd & 4th). Guys with similar setups with 24.5" tall slicks were cutting similar 60’ times (1.7’s), and had a higher trap (up to 4mph). Later I switched to a smaller diameter tire and my trap increased that same 4mph.
With the bigger tire I was barely getting into 4th gear. When I switched to the smaller tire, I spent more time in my car’s powerband, but was still not close to redline in 4th gear. (On the street 4th gear brings me to about 135mph) I was even thinking about dropping down to a 23 or 22" inch slick just to experiment, but never got around to it. I’m willing to bet that if I were still able to get good traction off the line, that the 23" would probably be the best size.
BTW I was using M/T slicks. I’ve only used M/T and M&H so I can’t give an opinion on any others.