Slick/Drag radial advice.

I’m considering buying some slicks/drag radials for my crx and I don’t know what route to take.

Mind you, I have no idea with anything about tires/wheels.

I’m running a 15 Inch wheel, that’s 7.5" wide and has a 42mm offset. My current tires are 205/50r15.

Whats the widest tire I can fit on this?(Micky only sells 8", not 7.5" wide tires.)

What brand tire do you recommend?

Slicks or drag radials? Mind you I’m going to have 6 wheels, swapping tires is no big deal.

what height tire to you need?

you want to drive this on the street? best traction will be a real slick, DR is just gona be a better street tire nothing that impressive on that car.

15x7.5 is the bigger rim that fits or just what you have now to use?
Would you get a better rim if you could fit it?
14x8
13x9?

You can put a 8" wide slick on a 7" wide wheel no problem. I had Kosei K1 wheels that were 15x7 and used Mickey Thompson ET Drags. Loved them they were great. The slick size was 26x8.5x15. I’d definitely go full slick over drag radial especially if you’ve got spare wheels to mount them on.

http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=73&rn=311&action=show_detail

you’ll have to raise the car all the way up in the front.

more of a street legal slick than a run of the mill radial like the 555R or BFG

I don’t care on height, I’m going to space the wheels out and cut the fenders. Taller sidewall the better right?

I could probably squeeze a 14" wheel at the very smallest on the front end of my car. As of right now I have the 15x7.5’s and the rim weighs 12.5lbs.

I have street tires for the street, but at the track I want slicks or for when I’m doing any racing. Car will never see rain on slicks, its not my DD.

not so much taller, but most of the time the more sidewall the better, that way I asked about going to a 13-14 rim I know they make slick for FWD stuff in those size. I figuer only a 24tall would bolt on, and a 26 would need cutting the fenders, But I dont know hondas or crx really.
how tall they are you work backwards on what mph the car will trap, and how many rpms you can take the motor too. And what the final gear ratio is for that gear. You use that with tire size to set that up. You probably can change to a few different gear ratio trans too if you need to adjust for that. I don’t know how easy that is for you, if you want to get into that.

i would go to a 13x7.5" wheel, like a lenso VPD and run 24.5x8" or maybe even 23x8 M+H slick. Cheap but the setup will hook pretty good. weve pulled 1.7 60fts in CRXs open diff on 22x8s

Go with a 13" wheel more sidewall will give more and save axles. Go with a 24.5 or 25 tire mt m&h hooser any will work.

he cant because the big brakes he put on there, pretty sure he is stuck with a 15" wheels (havent seen too many itr’s fit a 14")

i would go with what toda recommended but in this size http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=73&rn=312&action=show_detail

your really limited on wheels tires with those brakes but the above tires should help significantly

the only DOT tire I would run is a hooiser QTP (lightweight, soft thin sidwall, soft rubber compound) that Ive had any luck with FWD. There better then ETstreets, but still not that great for the best tire you can get. neonGLH bought a pair of thous DOT racemaster M&H on his srt and they sucked. and MT sportman pros or any bais ply DOT shit will suck. Just get a real non DOT slick
1st find out what rim size you can run, then find out how tall of a tire you need, and go from there.

Doh fail on my part forgot all about those stupid brakes.

Bryce Alfaro uploaded this image to

Oh yeah that crx is MAJOR!

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2339/53701119708231725119761.th.jpg

lol

Wow good thing you came into this thread we were all lost with out your input.

BTW if you are interested in trying on my drag wheels and tires you are welcome to it. They are 13x8 4" back space with 25" tires on them. Worth a shot.

whoops i linked the wrong ones haha.

yeah get the 235/60-15