Better ISP needed

Right now I have EMBARQ which bundles my phone and internet together… which is like receiving anal torcher every month. My first months bill with all the shat worked in and 10mb dsl was $240.68. Thats not right.

I’m ready to drop my phone service to basic local and look for a better ISP. The 10mb isnt even worth it, its barely more than 3mb all the time. So, who does everyone use and how good is the service? How much? I have a 90 day trial where I can get rid of this if I want, so I want to do something fast. Thanks!

Armstrong cable in your neighborhood was pretty solid. I managed a business line on Liberty street right near you (Old R.B. Shannon building) and it kept good speeds all the time and only kicked out for a few minutes on the rare occasion that it did go out (only remember it going out during lightning storms). I don’t recall what the price is though.

Then you can go back to a POTS for your phone or consider VOIP.

You could also call Verizon and see what they offer. I cant speak for the quality of their lines in your area though.

Ditto on the Armstrong setup. Their Zoom internet is petty fast, and they also offer a package of VOiP phone service, TV, and internet for around 120 bucks a month. That is for a residential service, but with your setup you may qualify for that. My son has that setup and loves it, never has any problems at all with phone or internet, plus they really do pull the bandwidth they advertise, which is 8mb.

I currently use windstream dsl

it’s the ghey

my tv is armstrong, but on the residential side. It probably doesnt matter. I’ll try giving them a jingle and see whats what.

aaaand windstream ftl… check.

i have armstrong and love it

FiOS for business?

I don’t think verizon services my area…

you are correct