i have comcast right now

and it seems that they keep raising the prices monthly

so im canceling my Cable and just keeping the internet for now

just wondering if anybody is saving money with any other company

my bill went from 60 dollars up to 95 within the last few months

i know verizon is doing it up now

so post up and let me know

thanks!

We get all of our stuff for less than 100 bucks a month, but not on one of those bundle things:

Dish Network (200 Channels w/ DVR) - $55/mo

Verison Phone Service (no long distance) - $20/mo

Verizon DSL - $18/mo

I get my cable and phone through verizon for 92 a month with tax

basic digital cable with dvr, HD box, and sports package

Interesting you mention this. I have Comcast for my cable and it went from $46.16/month to 68.something/month (inc tx). I told them I wanted to cancel. And they offered to take $10/month. But that’s just splitting the difference. I hate the fact that there are so few providers. I really have begun to hate Comcast - they really seem to be taking everything over and jacking prices up on everything.

I also am getting Verizon DSL tomorrow. I opted for the 3Mbps service. I’ll be paying $40/month (+tx) for that and my phone service through them (basic only used to ring my place from the front door). If you get the 768kbps it’s only $21/month + tx. There is some deal where you can order it online for only $14/month for the 768kbps, but then you have to keep it for like 2 years or something and pay for the modem. My deal is 1 yr commitment and they give me all of the stuff. And that’s what the $21/month would be also.

Verizon has a “triple play” as all providers seem to now a days, and for $99+tx they give you digital cable/sat?, the 3Mbps DSL, and then nationwide calling. Also, they told me if you opt for a lesser DSL and lesser calling plan you can easily get that into the $80-85/month range. I think that’s the best deal around currently. I’m probably going to switch to their triple play w/the 3mbps DSL and see if I can negotiate to get a DVR included in that price and maybe some movies or something.

Best of luck… either way you’re stuck with some sort of BS deal, but really I’ll Verizon over Comcast at this point. Just my .02

yea im beginning to hate comcast too

ive been hold with them for 20 mins so far

i looked up verizon and it says its not available in my area.

but i still think im going to call them up.

all i really need is the internet. I was hoping verizon can do it up

Do you know what the breakout of your bill is?

I have been thinking about getting HD programming, but it is so expensive. We pay 55 a month right now for 200 channels w/ DVR and no HD. I looked into upgrading to HD and it looks like it would cost an extra 20 bucks a month on top of what we already pay, plus an additional one time fee of 60 dollars to upgrade our equipment to an HD-DVR. I was considering it but it just seems like a lot of money each month for TV.

i can look when i get home. i know speed and everything is like $5/mo the DVR is $10 a month and basic digital is around 55-60???

it was a promotion so i dont know for sure… ill look

Thanks if I can get DVR and HD for less than like 60 or 70, I would be really happy.

Hallo, welcome to 5 years ago.

Verizon FIOS is coming as a complete bundle, It’ll include TV,Phone,Internet all through one Fiber Optic Line, As of now they have just the Phone & Internet in some areas and just the net in others. When it hits jump on it like flies on shit because cable will NEVER be able to keep up, Pricing will be at about 100 a month for the complete package.

digital starter/phone package - $69.00
Sport entertainment package - $6.95
DVR Service - $9.95

• taxes and fees im at $97/mo

then i have fios for internet

you can get a slower speed on your comcast cable internet and pay less money. instead of the 8mb or whatever the highspeed is for $40 I pay $22 for the same shit from them just at only like 2mb. call them and ask.

do NOT get verizon DSL… i have it, and it sucks, i have 35 more days untill i can get rid of this garbage

9/10 out of ten it’s user error that screws up dsl.
Make sure the wire running from the box to the wall is no longer than 3 ft’
Make sure you don’t have old shit lines in your house
Check how far you are from the switch(in most cases it’s not too far)
Then complain
I live literally two blocks over from the verizon switch building and i NEVER have a problem doing multiple things at once like online gaming while downloading/streaming music

I have a question regarding my DSL that you might be able to help me with. We currently have our router in the upstairs of our house and it works fine, but when I get a 360, I am moving it downstairs to be near the system so I can plug in directly. To do this though, I will have to run a new phone line because there is only one phone jack in the downstairs and we already have it split between the phone and our DVR. Sooo… I was going to run a new phone line (just the standard cord with a clip on each end) down through the floor and into the basement which has a dropped ceiling and the to a phone jack in the laundry room which we don’t use. The cord might end up being a little long, will that be an issue? Will it slow down the connection?

no shit

DSL blows. You like it because you actually get the posted speeds, the vast majority of users do not live that close to the “hub”, and speeds go down the further you are away. I had dsl for a month when I moved into my house, I couldn’t get rid of it fast enough.

cable>dsl

This will take your dsl close to the speed of dial up, i’ve seen people do this plenty of times when i was working for verizon and even before hand. If you have the verizon modem with the 4port switch on the back just get a long enough ethernet cable to go the distance, that will save you loads of signal degradation. If you really do want to relocate the verizon modem try and find either
a. the main phone line coming into the house(on the inside of course)
b. the closest phone jack to the room your playing in
whichever way you go DO NOT use a standard grade cord with clips on the end, they degrade the signal very fast. With either option a or b go to lowes or home depot and get heavy grade phone wire used to run lines through walls. usually has 4 wires inside of it and they are a lot thicker than whats in standard wires. this helps get rid of the signal loss problem. If you don’t really want to buy the heavier wire just double connect the standard wire. On phone lines you only need to hook up red and green, double connecting would just be hooking up red&yellow to the red connector and green&brown to the green connector. this will give the signal more wire to sustain itself with and the signal won’t degrade. Sorry if i confused the hell out of you but i had to give you as much info as possible so that you don’t mess up. If you want you can let me know when you decide to do this and i can come out & help.

cable may be better in some instances with dsl, but FIOS>all
FIOS makes cable look like ISDN

I understand what you are saying. I think I like your idea of just putting the router in the basement and running a LAN cable up through the floor for the 360. Thanks for the help!

I can’t get it yet, but I will try it out once it’s available.