BIG REDS wanna be Nick Cage Build thread.

Ok… i know nothing about body work. Why are you sanding fresh paint?

when paint is sprayed it has a texture to it that resembles the skin of orange( hence the name orange peel lol) you sand it to smooth it out and the get rid of any texture caused by spraying.

that shit is sweet…glad to see it got done right and you took the time to do the prepwork:thumb…def looks great cant wait to see it all finished up

you can reference my paint. subaru skipped the step he is taking. which is why i can never have nice paint:banghead

trhumbsup: good choice by not using a buffer, seems way to sketchy on burning through.

i did use a buffer:thumbup

Lookin’ fresh! I am super impressed by your ambition, sir.

I wish customers would come to my shop and buff their own shit, WTF! :slight_smile: Looks really good man! Can’t wait to see it with the wheels on, going to look amazing.

looks awsome! Thats some detroit wood right there!

damn dude thats fuckin sexy

QUITE nice, Dave. Definitely wanna see the paintjob inperson sometime

Car looks CASH man…really getting excited to see this in person

Color looks ballin as shit in this pic:

http://a.imageshack.us/img178/1526/img2989j.jpg

its hard to see but the stripes have metallic in them too. heres a close up. in person is really cool.

http://a.imageshack.us/img412/4771/img3009i.jpg

Youre cutting with 1200 then going straight to buffing?? You nuts mang lol. Hit it with 1200, then 2000, then 3000. Not only will you save time by buffing it once, its SOOOO much easier to get 3000 to come back around. Shit, you can use a foam pad on 3000 and make it shine like crazy. Its like sanding with toilet paper lol.

Lookin good so far tho man!

3000? does that even exist?

Sure does, paper goes all the way up to 5000 as far as I know. Ive used 3000 before, its BANK, but well worth the money imo.

yea I went 1200 to cutting compound and it worked great, im gonna go over the whole car over the winter with 2000-3000 and really go crazy, i just wanted to cut it down while still soft

Yeah once it gets hard its no fun to buff whatsoever! Came out real nice for 1200 though man, I think the roughest Ive used before hitting it with the buffer is 1500. You gonna be fuckin around with it this weekend, I should be around.

yea im bringing it home friday, the guy I bought the car from is gonna come sunday to put the glass in for me. I should be around all weekend tho,