big snapon toolbox for sale

Thats what i was getting at. Years ago i started with a little craftsman box too. Now i have a box twice the size of the one listed. If your a good tech you generally have a lot invested in your tools and box. Not always but 99% of the time you can tell a lot about a mechanic by how he invests in his tools

My original point was not to discredit any mechanics for having a nice toolbox. It about the price of these things NEW. There is so much damn markup in these its insane. Every snap on guy would hound me to trade in my box and get a new one, always with the same marketing lines. And they always give you a huge trade in value. They even showed me a picture of a dumptruck parked with one box under each wheel. I’m sorry but it would never be worth it to me 10-15k later screw that. My original mac box that I got 65% off has taken a beating and still works great 12 years later.

A used one like this is a WAY better deal. I’m sure it will move quick

I know of a ton of shit techs that have a baller box lol , mine is a 10 yr old snapon that’s well used and lost its shine lol

Unbelievable way to shit on a guys for sale thread.

In aviation, the biggest box normally equals the biggest idiot. Auto maintenance is different for the most part. Believe it or not, the average auto tech needs A LOT more tools than the average aircraft tech.

The resonable good toolboxes r so expensive is easy . Go buy a cheap craftsman box leave it in a busy general auto repair shop and use it every day and see how long the drawers last , the sliders last etc . The cheap ones fall apart ,can’t handle the weight , and become flimsy

Used Snap-On/Mac/Matco is the smart choice.

Believe it or not, the ‘US GENERAL’ ones that Harbor Freight sells are excellent for the cost.

I used to work with an old timer who would say “The fewer tools you have, the faster you work.” That’s obviously not always true, but I do see guys spending a lot of time fiddlefucking with tools that don’t really help out that much.