Bike Tires

I am in desperate need of a new rear tire and probably front as well. What do you guys suggest? I have Dunlops on there now and am looking for something more sticky. Also, where to get them would help me out as well.

I have a 99’ Kawasaki Ninja 600r.

What dunlops do you have?

I have the Qualifiers and they do a decent job on my ZX-12 to the point I have been scraping the toe of my boot / pegs.

Also People like the Pilot Powers. I would recomend going to see Adam at Road Rash on Rt 30.

I was just about to post almost the same question. Looking for good place to get tires around here.

Any other suggestions…Quik?

i run Michelan Pilot Power on my CBR and absolutely love them. I was dragging my pegs yesterday and the stuck to the ground like no other. I know Quik will recommend them also, as he is the one who talked me into buying them.

only one set of tires for me.

Michelin Pilot Powers…stickiest tire i have ever used and i am pushing 5k miles on them and ppl who know me know i dont ride pussy. also for about 2k in miles or so i rear pressure has been low [for given reasons] and im pushing that many miles. i probably can get another 1k out of them with normal riding but i wouldnt push them now in the twisties.

with these tires you will stick like no other, not much of a warm up time basically leave garage hit the bends that are about 1 mile from the house and let it rip

i used to run the diablos at 2800 i had cords showing and after the first 1800 miles the tire was glazy

also for hard riding i run about 34-36 rear and 36-38 for front

yes they are pricey but well worth the extra cash, now if you dont ride hard you dont need that much grip but they also last long so this might be the tire your looking for

Now where to buy. I went to Norms last year for my Dunlops. Any other shop I should call to mount the tires?

fuck norms fucking fucking fucking crooks. i wouldnt give them any fucking buisness. go to Road Rash off Rte 30 and ask for adam

x2. I’m not impressed with norms at all. I’ll buy small parts from them because they are close, but that’s it.

Adam had really good prices on gloves a year ago and I picked up a pair. I would support his shop. Seems like a nice guy.

I just called a shop closer to me. City Motorsports or something on Penn Ave in East Liberty. Im looking at a Continental Sport Touring tire. Im giong tomorrow to check it out. I would try Adam out on rt 30. But I really dont think my tire will make it there. So I need somewhere close.

What are their prices for mounting on/off the bike?

70 for both 40 for one.

Thats on the bike, right?

That is what it is going to cost me to have them put the tires on my bike. So I guess yeah on. Im riding my bike over there and letting them change tires, then Ill pick it up.

Anyone know the guy who owns the place or runs the place? He’s on sportsbikes.net as ExtraJ.

70 on the bike is crazy, adam used to be 50 on the bike

^Ill call Adam next time to check on what he has. This shop is about 5 minutes from my house and seemed to be cool. It would take me about 30-45 minutes to get out rt 30. My tire was down to the thread, Im content with what I got and they seemed like a cool shop. Im satisfied, but next time I wont wait so long to get tires.

Thanx for all of the suggestions.