Who sells tires? - Will I find a better price locally?

I need new front tires on the MR2. Anyone here work at a tire store?

Looks like the tire that matches the rears (Dunlop SP Sport FM901) is discontinued? Looking around on Tirerack, I found a tire that matches quite similar to the Dunlops, which is the BF Goodrich G-Force Sport.

Now I would be getting sizes 205/40/r16 or 205/45/r16 which are $70 and $73 per tire respectively with roughly $25 shipping to my door, sans tax off tirerack.com. Factor in $20-$40 for mounting (high estimate as I have gotten 4 tires mounted at Reids on Seneca for $20 numerous times) and I am at about $200 total cost.

Now the question I pose to you wonderful NYspeed members is…

Will I find a better price than $200 for 2 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport tires in 205/40/R16 or 205/45/R16 with included mounting and taxes at a local tire shop? Anyone have hookups at a local tire shop?

Grassy ass!

www.edgeracing.com
www.discounttiredirect.com
www.vulcantire.com

Those are the 3 I always shop, as well as the standby of TireRack. I had PM’d a local about tires, he said he’d get back to me and never did. I make it a policy to never pester someone about giving them my money, so I simply ordered them online.

The tires I ordered late Monday from Edge were delivered to my house today. Now if Culligan would just give me back my car so I had something to put them on.

I’ve ordered from Discount Tire Direct…

Hankook Ventus whatever number (same ones you just got). I got those quick, and price was right. Loved those tires, but they will outgrip the rears too much as they don’t seem to be around the same traction-wise.

Just wondering if someone here can get me a better or similar price locally. I have no quelms about buying online, but If I can buy locally, it’d be nice to support a local shop.

Go to Reid’s on Seneca. He can order anything.

You could also check with Hybrid or Innovative. More often than not there prices are competitive.

Word Hybrid got my killer snows on the cheap :tup: to Don and his crew

Hybrid/Innovative doesn’t mount though?

Swerve mounts, and Hybrid or Innovative can usually recommend someone.

Good deal. I shoot some PMs and make some phone calls for price checks.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:7,topic:27979"”]

Hybrid/Innovative doesn’t mount though?

[/quote]

news to me I’ve been mounting tires for a year and half.

Really? Shiittt… I didn’t realize you guys got a tire mounter. You balance too?

fm901’s are discontinued, dunlops replacement was the direzza dz101

those bfgs are reeeeeally nice from my experience…you shall not be disappointed with them wherever you get them from…and fwiw PMP in tonawanda is doing mounting and balancing with their baller new machines for quite a good price :tup:

What about tread city?
D

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:11,topic:27979"”]

Really? Shiittt… I didn’t realize you guys got a tire mounter. You balance too?

[/quote]

Yep mount and balance :slight_smile:

i usually get a pretty good discount at reids on seneca being that i worked at buffalo rv down the street and both of my parents work there now. shoot me a pm and i can figure something out for you. ill be buying tres and rims from them in the near future but i can prob hook u up before then.

i can mount and balance tires as well but the low profiles are very tough i can get them as well

Well, I have always had a very good relationship with Reids. They have always hooked me up with $20 for mounting 4 tires, about 3 seperate times now.