Need new tires

Had my front drivers side tire shred last night on the turnpike during rush hour. Changing a tire on a 10’ wide shoulder with people flying by at 85-90 is NOT fun! Anyway, is tirerack.com or discounttiredirect.com still the best deal for getting tires?

by far yes.

Tirereack was cheaper for tires for my car, and discounttiredirect was cheaper on tires for my truck.

Check them both.

I even checked sams club and BJ’s, and both were EXPENSIVE compared to discounttire.

The only thing with a mail order tire place is getting them mounted, but if you find a good local shop then its a good deal.

I’ve seen places want to charge 25 dollars a tire to mount, I wouldn’t pay more than 45-50 to mount 4 tires and balance.

i was browsing around on them and you used to be able to get a steel rim mounted and balanced for an extra $15 per tire on tirerack.com but i dont see that option anymore. Anyone know if they stopped this? I think my original rim might be damaged, it was too dark to check it out yesterday but the tire went from inflated to riding on the rim in like 2 seconds and i drove probably 30 yds. before stopping.

they do sell steel wheels, it may be under the winter section of the site.

You might want to call and ask.

My buddy got a set of steel wheels with snows from tirerack, I think the wheels for more like 40 each, not 15.

My bud Jeff scruggs can help ya out as well, hes on tranist rd across from regal. Scruggs automotive.
http://www.scruggsauto.com/

[quote=“98SS10,post:5,topic:25320"”]

My bud Jeff scruggs can help ya out as well, hes on tranist rd across from regal. Scruggs automotive.

[/quote]

:tup: thanks for the offer but i live in philadelphia

oh. well wtF!

Try vulcantire.com too. Probably whatever site offers free shipping will probably be the cheapest. A few ebay seller have some good tire deals as well.