Online Tire Promotions?

I’m 1-2 months away from needing all 4 corners. Any good deals to be had out there as opposed to just going to my local tire shop?

Let me know…

Interested as well to pick up a set for my dad’s car…except he’s about 1-2 weeks away from needing to replace them.

Need snows for your winter 60+ degree weather?

I’ve always had good luck with discount tire direct.

Do you find it always works out in your favor as opposed to just having a local guy do everything?

Need some studded snows out here…

Personally, I just order online somewhere then toss the mounting/balancing portion to a friend/local business. Saves a few bucks and you’re still providing some $ locally.

Discount has manufacturer promos pretty regularly, and always free shipping. They price match as well

boom, done. Noted.

If anyone else has anything pop up, post it here.

Discount tire direct does $100 off $400 coupons at their eBay storefront every few months. If you have pricier tires you can order 2 and 2 and save $200. I was in a similar situation a couple months ago, i set a deal alert on slickdeals.net for discount tire, then when I got the email that it hit i knew it was time to buy.

Smart. Normally the tires run me about 150/per, so savings helps.

Definitely shop around. Discount Tire was nearly $100 more per tire verses Tire Rack for the sizes I needed.

Believe it or not I went to Tirebuyer.com and they has better prices then Discount and tirerack but I actually ended up getting my tires from a place called custom wheel outlet. Beat all of there prices!

Tire Rack always seems to be a little less per tire when I go to order but by the time I factor in their ridiculous shipping DTD comes out way ahead. And if you can wait for DTD’s $100 off deals it’s usually tough to beat them. The set I ordered for the CX-9 I got $100 off + a $70 rebate from Cooper. Add in free shipping and no tax and I got a set of huge 245-60/18’s Cooper SRX’s for $502 to my door.

My dad used DTD last time and most likely will again. I’m glad this thread was brought up nonetheless as it can’t hurt to see what other options are out there, especially as far as local businesses go.

I can usually beat all the online prices locally once you factor in shipping.

Do you do mounting and balancing?

I’ll definitely look into them again. I just looked at my last invoice and I didn’t pay tax with Tire Rack, but I did need to pay $30 shipping for the fronts and another $30 for the rears ($60 total) since they came from different locations. I think I bought them through a Tire Rack sale too.

Don’t forget the 3% cash back though Ebates for either site

EDIT: Just looked again, and it seems like discount tire is still more per-tire and conveniently by about $30 each… so “free shipping” but they’re adding shipping costs into the price of the tires before purchase?

4 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 in 245/45/17 @ Tire Rack = 464.80 + 65.40 shipping for $530.20 to my door.
4 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 in 245/45/17 @ DTD = 506.20 + 0.00 shipping for $506.20 to my door.

But wait, there’s more. When you add them to your cart at DTD they’re doing a $25 off web purchase, so it’s really $481.20 to my door.

This has been my consistent experience comparing the two places. Rarely Tire Rack will have some deals that beat DTD, but 9 times out of 10 it’s not even close. It’s always worth the couple minutes it takes to shop around though. I think once some place name Vulcan Tire came in lowest with a set for my Fiero for autocrossing.

I guess it depends on the tire.

4 Yokohama AD08R 295/30/18 @ Tire Rack = $1,535.48 including shipping
4 Yokohama AD08R 295/30/18 @ Discount Tire = $1,703.20 including shipping and $25 web purchase discount

Tire Rack beats them by $167.72 right now. Looks like I got a great deal at the time I bought mine :tup:

yes, im pretty sure he does.

We also do at EZtire & auto where i work as a tow truck driver, we also have 3 warehouses of used tires. (none of those stored outside dry-rotted crap tires you get from fox)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-295-30-18-YOKOHAMA-ADVAN-NEOVA-AD08-R-30R-R18-TIRES-/311155610844?hash=item487251d4dc:g:IhEAAOSw14xWMG7D&vxp=mtr

$1524.00 shipped from DTD. :wink:

Forgot to mention it’s always worth tossing your tires into eBay’s search because sometimes stores have a sale going on at their eBay store.