Where is the best place to buy tires?

My “tire guy” can’t get my OEM tires (245/50/18) as they are on backorder from “the wear house”

Tire rack had them @ $233 ea, and he was installing them @ ~$185

I found an alternate that I would prefer in the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred, but he can’t get it cheaper locally…

Any thoughts, or tirerack discounts?

discounttiredirect.com

I almost always end up ordering there because of better prices (when shipping is considered) than tirerack.

Call Tread City Tire in North Tonawanda. They’ve always been the cheapest I could find locally.

Tread city wanted to get me smaller tires and were still more than my tire guy :frowning:

The only all season tire in my size at discounttiredirect is a perelli for $298 ea.
I can get goodyears for $220 installed. They are $199@ tire rack w/o shipping so it wouls cost me more to use TR. BUT, the OEM Bridgestone Turanza EL42’s are $233 on TR and I was going to get them @ $185 ea. installed :frowning: I “could” get EL400’s for that price but it’s a shittier tire.

Maybe he can source bridgestone serenity…

go a little wider and hope that it puts you back into a normal size. aka +0 sizing

LOL @ wear house

I get my tires from Reids in West Seneca (825-1555) if you feel like driving that far.

www.DiscountTireDirect.com They are always the cheapest. Last set of tires I bought I found cheaper at www.onilnetires.com and Discount Tire beat their price by $20 including shipping when I emailed them about it.

Truth hath been spoken

And where do I order two tires from today… tirerack.com.

$220.41 with shipping, would have been $210 from discounttiredirect.com but Discount was out of stock in OH and on order at their other two warehouses. I’ll spend the extra $10 considering I ordered at 10:30am and had my tracking # for the shipment by 3pm.

Really can’t go wrong with either of those places.

vulcantire.com

Toyo Versado, $185 ea+tax (V-rated), or Bridgestone Turanza EL-400 for $195ea +tax (H-rated), cash and carry for 245/50R18, Swerve can install them for you as we’re pretty slammed with some big projects.

Thanks for all the info.

I was going to get the el400’s, but he found me some virtually new, used tires, so I’m going to go that route for a couple of years, then buy summer only tires and snow’s.

If her tire did not get a ridiculous puncture that I can not keep plugged I would have gone that route this season. Whatever money I have left will end up going into my jetta or cavalier:(