Tire deals... where to get tires cheap?

Before anyone says “you get what you pay for, for tires” I know this already. Im not expecting to get tires for $150. I do not like the tires that came on my cr-z so im looking to replace them. Im looking for something halfway decent. Ive looked around and on tire rack and discount tire and the cheapest I can find any name brand tire is like $400+ when all is said and done.

If they were a bigger nice performance tire for a fun car, which i currently do not own, i would spend the cash and just get whats out there. But I cant really stomach paying 400+ on tires 195/55/r16s for my glorified Honda Prius wannabe.

That being said I wont buy no name tires with no warranty to save a little money. Does anyone have a heads up on decent tires anywhere that are reasonable??

• Updated - - -

usually there are promotions going on but I cant seem to find anything substantial.

Ive never seen anyone cheaper than discount tire especially for new tires. anyone local will charge more for new.

what about a new used set of take offs? Tread city or someone other local place

• Updated - - -

what about 4 brand new Fuzion all seasons for 270.99 shipped from ebay?

Id do fuzions. Ill have to check ebay out. I just want something with a warranty so i dont know how that would work with ebay. Tread city ive been playing phone tag with for the last few days. simpletire.com seems to be the best price wise but still isnt where id like to be.

Fox tire is smoking some serious crack on their prices before anyone mentions there lol

I was gonna give Tire Rack a shot this year. Can get 4 matching run flat summer tires and replace them all vs the $850 for two back tires that BMW charges. Just gotta find a place to install them since the rims are off the car right now.

Send @99_civic_si a pm. They have tons of tires laying around when I was there getting mine mounted.

I can check to see what I got. And boxxa,I can take care of your wheels without messing them up.and yes it’ll be much cheaper for you to order from tr or discounttiredirect and have me install them.

I use Tire Rack constantly. Probably bought 10 sets of tires and/or wheels from them in the past 2 years. Generally pretty good except for when they screwed up the fitment on the 2016 Audi A7 and sent me wheels that would not clear the calipers. That was a giant fiasco but they did end up remedying it.

Fuck run flats, though :wink:

Let me know what you’ve got when you can Andy. Im looking to get this done this week.

Thanks!

Why would anyone choose to get run flats! Most ditch them after buying the car and never use them again. Unless of course you don’t have a car with a spare.

Sweet. I may hit you up. Got the wheels off for the winter since I do them in my driveway now but may hit you up to put on a set on 2 wheels one day but based on this week, my winter wheels are staying on until at least june. haha

This. I get 2 flats a year essentially when our sunny construction season starts.

Lol. Sounds good

Does anyone know how buying tires on ebay would work, warranty wise if they are brand new tires?

Sears of all places has the cheapest price, I have been shopping for a matrix. There are a bunch of coupon codes and nonsense you can apply also (shop your way points).

I think the cheapest quote I got was $297 for 4 16’’ Guardsman (Sears house brand) H Rated tires, installed.

That’s cheap as fuck, but then you gotta drive around on Sears house brand tires. I guess if it’s just a commuter it’s whatever but I’ve grown to like good tires.

Looks like Guardsman are rebranded Cooper tires? Which is a top 5 tire company according CR: Best Tire Brands of 2024 - Consumer Reports

So if you look at the sidewall:

Only look at the first two letters after DOT. Then you can look up where and by who they were made:

http://www.harriger.com/tires.htm

http://www.barrystiretech.com/dotcode5.jpg

Just a follow up, we ended up putting the Guardsman Plus Sears tires on the Matrix the other day.

$301 for 4 16 inch H rated tires installed.

Made by Cooper, they work fine for my wife. We live in Central Texas so there is no snow to deal with, but good tread is important.

Tires balanced fine, no problems, they say 50k treadwear warranty.

Tough to beat the price. Discount tire was asking $400 for their el cheapo mystery tire. Everyone else was $475-$500.

Works fine for our 8 year old grocery getter wagon.

Not bad I ended up getting 4 copper cs-3 tires shipped to my door for $293.00 with a $100 rebate. So basically 200 for 4 brand new tires. Discount tire direct> tire rack all day. The rebates are only valid in NY Florida and a few other states on the east coast though.

Just picked up a nice set of tires from Discount Tire - nothing local or online was able to beat their price out the door. They have a 25$ web savings going on. Can’t beat free shipping and not paying taxes.

Canada

i priced out some Michelin Pilot Super Sports on discount Tire and by the time i got them over here it is hundreds cheaper to just buy and have them installed locally.