billion dollar lottery poll:

throwing this up because I’m curious…

There is a new lottery game and tickets cost $1 each. Two sets of numbers get drawn. The first person wins a billion dollars, the second gets put to death.

would you play?

EDIT: you’re perfectly healthy and not about to die anyway.

I’d pay a homeless guy $5 to go buy two tickets agreeing to split the money if won, and tough shit if “we” lose…

No,not worth the risk.Maybe if I was ill? Anyway,a similar poll appeared on a different form and the question was :

If you had a 100% chance for 1,000,000 or 50% chance for $1,000,000,000 which would you take?

Yes I am in. 1 Billion dollars would take care of my family indefinitely and that is what matters, they can buy a new better dad too.

Why would anyone play the lottery?

+1

Your family needs you more than they need a billion dollars numbnuts.

I know they need a dad, but they have a mom and like her better. Statistically the chances of losing are equal to the chances of winning… NONE.

This is why I do not play the lottery now as it is a waste of money. I just want to be the asshole that trys to argue for the dark side here.

Entertainment if properly played. Statistical improbability does not equal impossible. As long as it’s RISK capital you’re playing with who cares, it’s not much different a gamble than something like Facebook stock. :wink:

For this poll I surely will say no thanks, the stakes aren’t $5 they are death. haha

Are you supposed to turn your losing ticket and your self in?

if you looking for semantics I’m sure there are many problems… but why ruin the fun?

:lol: For some reason I’m laughing at this.

This was my fave.

Hrm, so would I risk death for an EQUAL chance at a billion dollars?

I think every investment banker in America should be offered this chance, and if they choose to play they are forced to find a new line of work.

I don’t even play the lottery with 0% chance of death, why would I play it with 1/12323429084209 chance of death?

I assume, just like the current lottery, more than one person could “win” and more than one person could “lose”. Would they round up all the losers and execute them wholesale? Or would it be more of a one-by-one kinda thing?

I think it only works with one win and one lose, but since it’s not real we can have 4 people lose and each lose a limb if you like.

the losers go to the hunger games

Kinda like the movie The Lottery, except there was no billion dollars

https://youtu.be/qFt-W-3og64

huh? thats the worst phrase i’ve ever heard that was prefaced with “statistically”