Black Friday 2008.

i just got a cool emaill from newegg with some cool deals, i might take up that TB harddrive…

I slept til 10, and went to mount cazwrx’s snow tyrez for him…F red friday :rofl

WalMart in Glenville… no lines, cashiers bored by 1 pm. Plenty of parking. Not a great sign.

wife was out all day she says it is slow also compared to other yrs ,and we are slammed at the shop so that means more people are fixin thererides instead of buyin new ones

you got the ULTRA SECRET black friday email also :lol

lol :crackup

I stopped at the one in Latham and there were about 10 cashiers standing around with nothing to do when I got there. That was around 1:30.

I fucking hate people.

lol… wal-mart did juuuuuust fine today.

Know something we dont? Meet expectations?

wha happend big mike? :nana

LOL. There wasn’t an open space anywhere this morning at my local Wal-Mart. Then again, we also have no mall near me either. Closest one is 30 mins away.

Some poor guy, working at a Wal-Mart on Long Island, was trampled to death this morning.

lol yes. Amsterdam Wal-Mart was at $560,000 come 8:00pm. Highest black friday total they’ve ever had and beat last years numbers which were $507,000.

Gloversville Wal-Mart was at $559,000 by 9:00pm. Yet again, highest black friday total ever for that store. Last years sales were **$471,000.

Both D1 stores.

Thats great news!! Glad to have the info. All I had to go by was Glenville at 1 pm. Dead.

Yea because its 1pm. All the business comes in from 5-11am. The reason you have cashiers standing around at 1:00pm is because they schedule enough cashiers where every single register has an associate. So with all the registers filled without the traffic flow of your 5-11am crowd its going to seem like cashiers are standing around.

Target in Amsterdam was absolutely dead though. I figure the average number of black friday shoplifters were up, but the average dollar amount per shopper was down. People have less money but theyre just not going to buy christmas gifts, so those people in past years who figure the black friday savings are just not worth the hassle decided to take the chance this year.

Our store sends employees out and counts the number of people waiting lol. Prior years the most in line were 1700… this year we had over 3000 waiting outside. ;x

they are one of the few. then. not the majority. black friday was dead compared to other years, i’d be suprised if we did 1 mil. today, and we crush that every other year.

haah yea ! they send me emails all the time but since i buy pc shit all the time i dont really mind it, its the only newsletter i get in my gmail so its cool :slight_smile:

so from what i heard i guess we hit the 7 figures. guess it wasn’t as bad as it seemed to be.

we had not a bad black Friday at my ace hardware …some cool stuff on sale and as specails …