Black Mesa Source

well it does ruin a lot of people lives at the same time. its not just an urban legend. some people like it, others dont. it has no end game, when you “finish” you end up either raiding for new gear or make another character.

wow has nothing to do with this argument though. it was about how pc games dont sell like console games.

edit: i have played wow so im not basing my opinion on nothing.

It sort of does… WoW has 11 million SUBSCRIBERS. People who pay monthly > one time fee’ers.

Console games only sell more cause consoles are affordable. They’re also easier to access. They’re also advertised like mad.

Do the same for gaming computers? Done deal.

xbox live has just as many subscribers, so that point is void.

as for advertising, Fallout 3 was advertised on xbox, ps3, AND pc.
xbox sold 55% of the copies alone, ps3 has 28%, and PC had 17%…

http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/11/17/fallout-3-sells-most-in-series-xbox-360-has-55-of-sales/

Xbox live is a general service, WoW is one game. Difference? I see it.

And as for the % figures, look above for my reasons why consoles sell more games. Doesn’t make those games better.

Consoles are limited to what you get - very little in terms of modifying, customizing, or creating your own of each of the latter. You have more graphics options, sound options, and games just LOOK better when you have top notch equipment.

Consoles… Pop in the game, play, maybe download some mods that are bound by the creaters rules…

See at least the just of my point?

i never said pc games were WORSE then concoles, i agree 100% theyre better aside from random glitches with installing. the simple fact is that they cannot however exist without the developer also creating console games to fund the pc projects.

plus im lazy. game goes in, game plays, i am happy.

PC’s were the founders of console gaming as it is now, so… If it weren’t for PC technology, consoles would suck - scratch that, they wouldn’t exist.

lol @ this argument.
As stated before. People buy consoles because they are cheap and its a one time installation of hardware for ALL games of the consoles lifespan.
Where as for PC’s, you may have to upgrade, customize, install, etc. Most people are turned off by the added effort to play the same game, not to mention the significant amount of coin that has to be put into their desktops/lappy’s in order to run games at top notch quality.
Dont even get me started on the amount of cash/effort it takes some of my buddies to run Crysis at 60fps, with all settings on max.

Just like what engine you want to have in your car, there is always another person that will disagree.

anywho, back on track. CANT WAIT FOR BLACK MESA WOOOO!

i like my ps2

i dont like pc gaming

but the only game i ever really played on pc was the sims

^ lol, speaking of the sims, number 3 is coming out in the next couple of weeks.

Yo, the sims and simcity franchises are fuckin sick.

word up.
Wish I had cash for a new computer though, have to spend all of it on my swap. (and yes Pantaloons, Im eating my own words, no more hate for the SR)

well IMO the pc is probably the best for first person shooters. anything other then that, WITHOUT a steering wheel id rather a console. as for the pc vs. console that has been talked about. Console is good for the fact that, no matter where you live no matter how much money you have invested, your still looking at a game in the same perspective as the other player. As for PC, you know there is going to be someone out there with a Better Graphics card, MORE ram, a better processor and ect…its just fact, unelss your going to sell your 240 and buy a gfx card, your up shits creek.

still. i have a moderately great pc. so this game single campaign will work well
as for online, id probably get pwnd, unless i played for the next 10 years.

Half-Life is probably the most influential game of the past 10 years.

P.S. I only suck because of lag.

How can you argue sayin console vs pc when clearly all the good consoles now are basically computers…and whoever said consoles dont install games lol have you played any new games?