Half Life 2 Episode One

i went to go buy the game today and i noticed that the box said Half Life 2 not need on it. so is it a game or just a movie of what happened after the games ended?

It’s a standalone game just after the events of Half-Life 2. It’s being mostly distrubuted via steam (Available at www.steampowered.com). Also in stores also but it still requires you to load steam to verify/play it.

oh cool thx

Purchased/Installing it now.I heard its a short game but its still awesome.

4-6 hours of gameplay but we get another episode in 6 months.

Let me know how it is I might get it

So far so good.

Not a bad $20.

If you wanted more after HL2,this is exactly what it is.It continues right after.So far lots of gravity gun goodness :tup:

I gave in and purchased it 5 minutes after that post. Damn you Steam and your ease of getting new games quickly. :frowning:

Hmm yeah I think I might have to get this.

sweet… do you know if it supports HDR like lost coast did? I may have to get this :tspry: I loved HL2… honeslty, hands down the best FPS I’ve ever played I think

edit: am I the only one who didnt like steam when it came out? it’s grown on me I must say

Downloading now!

any new weapons?

A lot of people hate it, even to the point where a 3rd party WON based system was created, and is still used. As for me though now that they got the bugs worked out it’s great. It’s just a shame the prices don’t reflect the distribution. But it’s great because no CD/DVD is needed.

My opinion, is if you like the story line and HL2 alot get it. Lacks any real new content though. Infact I can count it on one hand.

-2 new NPC (One of which was meant to be in HL2 anyways.)
-HLDM: Source (Which I am loading right now)

Level are of excellent quality though, but in typical HL fashion there is more questoins brought up, than answered.

That was madddd short.

3-4 hours max. :frowning:

Vortigons are up to no good…WTF.

Valve took our $20 to keep us interested and it worked.lol

I started playing tonight. Seems pretty good thus far. Gravity gun FTW. I love flinging bodies.

omg i hate that steam shit so much i didnt get to play the game till the next day casue of all the shit it has to do to the game, can we start a petition so that they take that crap off its so gay. i had to update steam, download whatever for the game to play and then have it be decrypted total of 5 hours but thats on dial-up glad they are so user friendly concience.

but anyway yea it was too short i want to know what happens next though. i also cant wait to find out what that guy in the suit is all about. couple new features they added are also nice

Yeah it definately keeps you intregued if you like the HL story line. I told you it required steam. :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally I like it, but back when I had dial-up. Man, did it suck.