half-life

The success of the half life franchise continues to blow my mind. Every once and a while I search to see if there is a new episode release in the works and of course I come up with nothing new. I look at steam usage and the 3 half-life related games still have more users in the top ten on steam usage than every other game in the top 10 combined. That just blows my mind. hats off to those guys for creating a epic home run more than 10 years ago.

PS. can’t wait for portal 2

Counter Strike FTW

That is silly. HL2 was amazing when it came out…

I just wish they were quicker putting out new episodes for the game. episode 3 was a cliff hanger

Miss that game, ever since our computer took a shit, than I got my mac and we got another windows desktop but I never bothered again.

If it was not for steam I would never play a lot of games that I do. I am HL2 does not have mac support.

HL2 does have mac support.Cant wait for portal 2 as well!

Minimum: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8 or higher, or ATI X1600 or higher, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

I so miss CounterStrike when it was in Beta. The source engine was pretty sweet too and they have been really successful as a company. When Stream took over, I remember the worry about how they would destroy the game and everything but I am also really impressed with how well they have done and really set a standard for properly doing DRM while also providing support to customers.

I still think Counter Strike is awful. Last time I played (maybe last year), I just did not like it at all.

Probably cuz you suck at it :rofl:

Could be part of it…I do suck at it but I still do not like it.

I havent touched steam since episode 1…
Garry’s mod is so much fun though…too bad my old PC died with all my crap for it

The game is definitely a love it or hate it kind of thing like Halo and COD. Most people are all for it or can’t stand it.

I remember that’s all we played in high school and college and LAN parties back in the day. Oh memories.

For those that don’t know, they updated Counter strike source this past year with all these achievements and whatnot

Any updates to the engine planned? That Source engine is now 8+ years old so it would be curious what they decide to do if the go half life 3 or portal 2

I’m not sure if they did anything to the engine other than update the graphics a bit. I haven’t played in forever because my laptop is 7 years old and my gaming computer shit out on me and I’m too lazy to work on it.

It would be nice to see some updates. It just goes to show how long a proper game engine can stand the test of time. Playing fallout 3 and new vegas I want to hit my head against the desk sometimes with all the bugs I find and the restricted movement in the game is annoying.

Ya Infinity Ward had another great engine that has been around for years and only updated with minor changes.

This shit was posted today. Epic’s Unreal Engine 3… too bad no current gen consoles will really be able to use this to its full potential.

https://youtu.be/4cvNJPvXook

Consoles :tdown:

And that video is old BTW :slight_smile: