Black Mesa Source

I am not sure how many of you people have played the half life series of pc games. I came across this video of a new release called Black Mesa Source.

I have played hl1,2 and counter strike source,ect… this game looks by far probably one of the best from them.

here is a video. its crazy hd.

[y]oGlhgVz5r6E&fmt=22[/y]

Definatly will be sick.

HL1, and 2 are on my top list of games.
Can’t wait for the release in.

This is obviously for computer right? Anyways its all about ps3 and killzone 2

Looks like a ballin’-ass remake of HL 1.

PC Gaming ftw. Consoles are riddled with boundaries.

pc only yea. I’ve been following this mod for a while and it looks very promising.

So its basically just a re-make of HL 1. Looks amazing and promising though, because Valve said that they would be showing some shit at the end of the year on Half Life 2: Episode 3.

Hopefully it looks like this, but with a crazy ass compeling story just like hl2:eps 2.

Naw I wouldn’t call it JUST a remake, because there was a lot of scenes/monsters in that vid that I don’t remember happening/being in HL 1. I think it starts off much like HL1, but adds a little more content/storyline. I would Gamespot it to get the real deal.

i bet it will come out on consoles too.
pc gaming is dead

doesnt look any different then hl1 to me.

And you’re getting this information from…?

Name something a PC CAN’T do that a console CAN do. Until it works the other way around, PC is very much alive.

Consoles are for noobs.

if everyone was a hard core gamer, pc would be better. but casuals make up at least 90% of gamers.
theres a reason that multi platform games sell 10x more copies on the console then the pc.

and something a console can do that a pc cant? not install games

So only 10% of the people who game play warcraft?

^ still didn’t tell us where you got the information from that pc gaming is dead?!

back it up with facts, majority of the best games of all time with all the latest graphics and technology have come from computer :wink:

most of the shitty hardware that’s outdated now (graphics chip wise) is in consoles, the games that are made on consoles where do they come from?! …computer’s. Clearly you haven’t had a good computer system or haven’t really played a really top-end game other than the probable e-games like backgammon or checkers lol.

Consoles are for noobs, the only thing that’ll die is your console in the next couple years bro lol

its a phrase, dont get so butt hurt over nothing.

i didnt say pc games sucked, i just said that they dont sell even close to the same amount that consoles do. ive played a shit load of new pc games and i think theyre sick as fuck, but the average person would rather just be able to sit down on their couch and play the same thing with worse graphics. its all about ease of use in todays retarded society.

dont even get me started on wow. what a shitty game. they need a cap peoples time on there.

^^Personally I don’t like WoW, But that doesn’t take away from the fact that there are real hardcore gamers that play it. If it wasn’t such a good game it wouldn’t be on the worlds top most played list.

PC will ALWAYS be alive. If it wassint for PC, then there wouldint be mods for games like CS (counter strike). And if there were no mods for counter strike, then there wouldint be games bassed off of updated hacks from gamers. such as left 4 dead which was basically created by gamers, hardcore, softcore, casual alike. They watch what happens on the forums, and online servers, who’s hacking, what hacks are interesting, populare, etc. shit like that. And then companies use that to add on to what is already there. Valve is the best example because they actually hear what people want, and continue it.
Right now alot of people want episode 3. So they are doing that shit.

Im not a hardcore PC gamer(computer is too shit), but am a hardcore console gamer (360).

ROFL. You’re going to base your opinion on the game on how much time people spend playing it?

I play it. I do many other things. I only play it when I’m bored/at home with nothing to do (a.k.a bored I guess).

Just because it has a horrible reputation to be an addiction (for some people it is, that doesn’t change the content/structure of the game) that was created by people reaching to hate the game they’ve never played.

I thought the same thing about WoW before I started playing. However I have an open, intelligent mind I like to believe so I gave it a shot and I enjoy the structure and creativity the game has to offer. I’m still not sucked into it however.

The same goes for all games AND other things that people stereotype with a naive pov.

nice find, that game looks sick but Im with Polar on this one ps3 and killzone 2 ftw!!:slight_smile:

Also: You can only rebut with the fact that you don’t have the patience to spend 5 minutes installing a game?

wow.

Another also: I know people who play GoW ALL DAY 4 days a week, does that make it a shitty game? Also does it make that person any more/less pathetic than someone who plays WoW the same amount of time?

/end rant

I just can’t stand naive people.