Modern Warfare 2 for the PC is going to suck

Okay well first ill start things off with some interesting news related to all platforms…

Infinity Ward got themselves into some shit. The first mission of the new series was leaked out a few days ago which showed the first mission in which you play a terrorist entering an airport armed to the teeth…

You and your fellow terrorist unload into an airport of civilions and law enforcement for the first 5 minutes of the game…

In a post 9/11 world… this pissed a lot of people off. They dident acknowledge or deny the claims of this first level but they quickly removed every video they could find showing this scene and then later came out and said it is the first level and there will be an option to skip it as people may find it offensive.

Now on for those of us who play the PC version of the game. I dont know if a lot of you like to play multiplayer and take it somewhat seriously as I do. Ive been gaming online since I was 9 years old with the first rainbow six series… Competed in professional game leagues such as CEVO for many games… For awhile its something i took quite seriously as well money was involved in CEVO.

Anyways Modern Warfare 2 isnt going to have the tradional multiplayer, it will be using IWnet which well there will be no dedicated server support. It will be setup in the same fasion much like Left 4 dead where you find mateches based on criteria or pressing quick match… There is no server browser and clans will not be able to have their own dedicated server.

So basicly it will be setup much like xbox/ps3 which well if your a console gamer all is well, your used to it… but for PC gamers who do this reguarly obviously do not liek the fact that your game will depend on the hosts connection rather than a dedicated server box from someone with a giant pipeline… It will result in a lot of bullshit lag, complaints and overall retardedness

Regardless I will play with the single player, and I would love to buy this game, but with the online system being the way it is I doubt ill end up buying it to do so.

I think the platform used on consoles is fantastic for casual gamer.

Most software/video game developers aim for the casual gamer as they will be the majority of purchasing power and revenue. PC savvy people will most likely end up bitching the most about the game and not buy it, but download it instead which generates no revenue.

You can’t blame them.

And ever since I stopped playing PC games, Xbox360 Live setup has never failed me, never lagged, never dropped game *unless host left, and never left me dissatisfied.

I’m very pleased with console multilayer.

Vlad belive it or not most sales come from the PC market for series such as this last time I checked…

Its the fact that Infinity ward has gotten lazy… belive me if this game flops on the PC end they will feel it.

and the reason is that generaly console multiplayer isnt ona mass scale…

but now well have no more 16v16 matches due to connection restrictions via the players internet connection

I’ll be most likely playing Single Player.

And also, people will use HLSW for the server stuff. I’m sure folks will figure out how to get around this limitation.

Regardless, only me and my 3 friends play online so we just use HLSW and Hamachi and connect to whichever one of us is hosting. No biggie.

I would love to see your sources for the sales figures.

Last I checked overall pc sales are about 20% of the market for video games and game per game console numbers are higher or the same depending on the game.

And when you say console multyplayer isn’t popular check how many people are online for Xbl or Ps3 at any point in time.

Pc is losing.

PC is losing. Because people can’t afford to keep their PC’s updated to play the new games. I see that as the biggest limitation. Also, people can burn PC games MUCH easier than console games. I do both, so it doesn’t bother me.

im not gonna waste time to bs, i just want to say PC gaming owns all, but its way to expensive for what it is, i mean, for the money u need to spend on a pc to pwn these games, its just too expensive when compared to console gaming

BUT in the end, n00bs tend to like console gaming and real gamers really know whats up with pc gaming…

these days im a console gamer, dont ask me why, since i should be doing all my gaming on my pc… oh well i havent even turned it on since july

PC is loosing but the battle is not that simple, pc’s are loosing, but consoles are becoming pc’s

LOL at the end of the day, gaming is…loosing

Im not talking overall vlad…

overall the console market is owning pc…

but in certain titles…

Regardless… infintity ward im my mind fucked a lot of peopel who play competitivly…

Shady, people will figure out how to get dedicated servers. Just give it time. There are people out there in the world smarter than anyone Infinity Ward employs. Just give it some time and you’ll see a patch/crack.

Hell, IW might put out a patch later on if they get enough complaints.

Modern warfare sold about 12 million copies between 360 an ps3, I seriously doubt the PC figures came even close to that.

I’ve also mentioned that comparative games, sold at worst the same amount on consoles, but generally did better.

Don’t get me wrong, in theory PC gaming is superior, however in practice it’s too tedious, too unreliable, fact that it’s dated after a year and you need to spend more money on hardware.

During the last 6 years I’ve only had to upgrade once, from Xbox to 360.

So their move to appeal to casual gamer will still bring them plenty of success.

It’s like saying that Honda by not making a turbo Civic has lost maa4ad loot $$$$ because they didn’t appeal to the FUCILLO HUGE aftermarket demand. Well in reality they did just fine by appealing to soccer moms and highschool girls.

highschool girls :excited

Shady, is the terrorist mission #1 still available or did they remove it?

They kept it in there… with an option to skip it as some people are pussies

Is the terrorist level only on the pc platform or is it for the consauls as well?

Good cant wait.

The reason I like console gaming is because it levels the playing field.

You cannot “aim bot” hack, or cheat or have a $5000 dollar pc with uber fps. It really makes it fair for everyone. Teaches strategy and skill.

Damn, good call!

I’ve played Xbox for so long I forgot about the cheating/lagging and hacking that went on in Counter Strike (that’s how long it’s been since I played).

Everybody you plaid with had a better computer, a better connection and a better hack to top if off.

Soooo glad I’m out of that game.

Or you can just play with FRIENDS, people you know, who understand the honor system.

For example, me and my 3 friends who I play COD: MW with. We don’t cheat, all of our connections are pretty much the same, and the PC’s as well (although I BY FAR have the best graphics). No one lags that much (except for Paul, who some of you met).

I don’t like playing MP on those servers where there is 60 people. WAY to chaotic. You get shot at constantly. No time to even strategize and plan or snipe or anything.

i Think the last time i truley sat down and played a game online is when socom1 came out for ps2…2003? then socom2 in 04? was on that night and day. Til socom 3 came out, they stopped the patches for online socom1/2. holy fucking cheaters with there code9 bullshit. Bought 3, they totally changed the online and said fuck that.
Then i went back to PC with Americas Army,Battlefield 1942 etc. didnt like it… online sucked as everyone would just be shooting from walls, or like in socom, they’d be 200ft up and shooting at you. FTHAT
And i JUST started to play anything console online since then. Shit, even gutiar hero online has cheats. its getting parthietic. Every now and then ill hop on R6Vegas2 but thats about it.