Blackberry 8100 (Pearl) Leaked

All the things JoesTypeS wants in his Blackberry… Too bad it’s GSM… HA-HA

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/08/09/the-blackberry-pearl-8100-gets-a-name/

oh man I cannot wait until that hits verizon in 2010

That’s rather stupid of RIM to actually have expansion and shit - so much for “blackberry security”

this is the only blackberry that would ever get me away from nokia smartphones, im seriously considering it if the nokia i want is out of my price range

Not really you can still set all the controls over what data can be put on/taken off the BB through the BES admin

I just picked this phone up yesterday…

In my opinion it is much nicer then any other PDA that I have ever owned. About time they start making them smaller… LOL*

I was debating getting one yesterday. How is that new joystick in the middle instead of the trackwheel? That’s my only concern.

Anybody know if Nextel will have a new BB soon?

Nope… It’s just a T Mobile phone now… Give it some time and I would assume others will be able to carry it…

It’s fine… I was really not a big fan of the click wheel. Thats why I had the sidekick before… I guess I’m just use to the track ball, because the sidekick 3 had it…

I freaking love my 8700 / the wheel. I did NOT like my 7130E with it’s 2-keys-per-button shit, autocompete’s not bad, but it’s no QWERTY either… not sure how I feel about this one, I think if I step away from the 8700 it’s gonna be for an EVDO Express/34 card on the Mac and a plain-jane phone.

suretype > *

I’ve had no problems w/ my 7130…as long as you’re not retarded you can type 90% as quickly w/ suretype as a standard QWERTY

I cannot wait for the 8100 to come out on verizon

Joe is correct. I have a 7100t right now I’ve never had an issue with typing. I email constantly on this thing. I want the 8100 cause it’s nice and small. Plus the multimedia stuff is nice to have too and it has the EDGE data.

Again, I had a 7130. I didn’t like it, SureType fails at words like names, obscurities and until you “teach” it, swearing. Stuff that comes across a lot in my emails lol.

The BB’s biggest hold-back imo is the browser, I played with the nokia N-series stuff in Chicago, omfg the mobile-Opera BLOWS it away.

^ N-series FTW, my only debate is N80 vs. N91

I went to get one today and there’s no case for them! My 7100 came with a belt clip holder for it. There’s nothing of the sort for the 8100. Not even to buy as an accessory. I need that. I can’t get one until they get a holster for it. :frowning:

After looking at the release info of the n95, I said screw that for now and decided to keep my 8100

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19070&highlight=8100

PS - according to the store, cases are coming very soon (this coming week?) worst case check out blackberryforums - there are TONS of vendors making stuff for the BB and I’m sure a few will have 8100 cases shortly since it’s the “hot” new item.