blackberry 8830

I just got a new blackberry for dirt cheap and is there anyway i can get it activated without gettin the internet

Pretty sure as long as you don’t get the data plan, then you wont have the internet.

But im not 100% sure if you can do that …

Well i just called verizon and they said u cant do it unless u get the internet package and its an extra 30 a month the hell with that looks like im going to trade it to someone for a different phone then

Sounds like BS… I registered a Treo 650 without the data plan…

I don’t think a Blackberry would be any different.

it is different… all blackberry’s require the data plan

No shit? … I know it’s on my blackberry, but I thought thats because I wanted it. I guess it was going to be there no matter what … lol

yeah my girlfriend wanted the pink blackberry phone. until they tried tacking on 30 for the data plan

well anyone want to trade me a different phone for a blackberry

Thats what Lyndsi has … she got the pink, and I got the silver. I like them for the most part, only thing that really bugs me is sometimes it wont ring, or make any sound, and I have to take out/put back in the battery. Verizon told me its a memory leak and they all do it :dunno:

:weak:

Do you have Cingular/AT&T? If so, just slide in your SIM card. I use an older BB without a data plan and have no problems making phone calls, sending texts, etc.

flash it to cricket. $50/month unlimited everything.

otherwise, sell it.

flash it to cricket…wow…the 8830 is still a GSM phone…which means NO CRICKET. PM Sent…i’ll unlock it and use it for tmobile

read often?

good luck getting that 8830 on tmobile.

:finger:

lol.

the 8830 is a world phone…which means it supports GSM also…so what was the about not working with tmobile??

On a second note, cricket doesn’t have blackberry servers…so if you want a really expensive phone…that can’t do shit but text and call…have fun!

lol… i forgot it’s a world phone.

why get a blackberry and not the data plan?? they are meant for that. i just bought the same 8830, except i got the red. pay the extra $, it is worth it for the data plan.

Is $30 worth being able to access your 2-50kb emails while on the go, check your myspace, and view pittspeed? honestly?

honestly, if you work a lot, it is. i work about 60-70 hrs per week, and don’t always have access to to a computer. and having instant emails is nice for doing business.

Well then it fits your lifestyle…but it doesn’t fit everyones lifestyle who has a blackberry…some people like having a device just because