Blades Rod Shop?

Does anyone on here know of “blades rod shop”

Any of you guys see that cheesy show “blades rod shop” has on TV?

What a F*****g joke!

http://www.bladesrodshop.com/main.php

the owner of blades is bob urbanich(sp) the same guy that runs worls of wheels… i stopped out there one day to look at tha 33 ford pick up. last year it was a little more raw and he wanted 15 grand i see now they fixed the window and raised the price 10 grand what a joke

^ what a rip off. There cars are ass! and they have $8hr wyotech kids doing all the work! HA yea that makes me want to buy a $30K pos! HA

hey Vtecsol i luv the sig, hahaha

Is this the same place that was catching some heat for shady rebuilds and work on older cars? I thought i remembered reading something up in the Beaver Falls/Rochester area about a hot rod shop having some major issues with things like that.

My brother usd to paint cars there but he quit cause the owner was a asshole! Personally i think ther rip offs and WAY over priced! also “so Cal” parts are like cheapo JCwhitney chrome parts! id never buy anything from them. Just my opinion.

I think you’re thinking of the Sports Car Gallery, which is little more than a muscle car dealership that occasionally has a bondo buggy or two.

www.sportscargallery.com

That’s who I’m thinking of. Good call Zack

they had occurences on streetheaters. looked liked the guys enjoyed their work.

can’t knock it until seeing their final work.

im sure theres a reason this show is on at like 4am on sunday.

No one gives a shit.

owner is an asshole… hes fucking clueless 98% of the time. I worked for him for a minute. What a joke.

Must be nice to be handed everything!

not too impressed with any of the cars. The '37 ford is nice, but only a ZZ4 350 in it. Kind of cheap in my opinion. Should of built it with an LSX, or a big block. What good is a hot rod if it is a dog?

Blades is a joke. Place sells junk. i would never buy shit from there.

Ha, they want $20,000 for ther vintage Ford parts truck thats beat all the hell and back!

Must be some dumb yuppies keepn them in business

I stopped in there 1 time while they were just moving into the new location. I talked with an older guy who I deduced was the owner for awhile. I was checkin out some of the cars in the show room and was only impressed with 1 or 2. The rest were missing a great majority of interior or the body was new and interior was left old and ratty. Then after looking at prices on their webpage i lost all interest in going there again. But the real kicker was while we were BS’n about my truck I mentioned that I am the one who painted it. he practically offered me a job on the spot to do bodywork! If you’ve ever seen my truck up close you’d know how big of a joke that is. I taught myself by just going to town on it and asking questions.

The TV show is not that bad though. It is what it is and I’d much rather watch it than Unique Auto or whatever that show is.

I thought the rides they had down at WOW last year were pretty impressive. dunno? I guess every shop has their goods and bads.

My guess is you saw some of their own cars that great care was taken on. I’ve seen them haul around a few cars to different shows around the area. Always the same few cars, one of which I know is owned by a guy who works there. (black Ford?? on air bags) He is always trying to sell it personally without the shop involved.

They did have a few nice cars in the showroom like I said… but they want an arm and a leg and a nut for it. Or they bought it like that.

More likley they bought it done. He buys cars on ebay and then resells them.

$79,900 for a 36 ford panel!!!
$40,000 for a 32 ford highboy kit car?!?!?!?! you could build your self for under $20k

Now all im saying is what kind of custom car builder that really knows what their doing works for $10 hr.??