Mixed Reviews on Rusty and his comeback

apparently hes making a comeback, idk how i feel about the “shadiness” that went on behind it… i guess theyre calling it Rusty Slammington

i’m not reading all that and i don’t give 3/4s of a shit.

Looks super gay.

That car sucked. Im not a trendy asshole. Only thing cool was the fighter plane teeth.

about sums it up for everybody i think

He clearly made the whole thing up and photoshopped all the pics. The original vid was probably something he found on youtube or something of a garage on fire.

teeth were pretty cool

I liked it

What do you mean comeback?

Avg jerk wanna chime in on this?

lmao at wayne

now i know your friends with M.Burroughs. but it just seemed shady how it all came out and then deleted and all that kinda stuff. i LIKE the car and i think its badass, but it just seemed odd how it all happened. i get it could be just bad timing and shit luck, and i dont believe that he did this on purpose, just seemed weird.

id like to see where he goes with this in all honesty. will he rebuild it to the normal or will it go bigger and better and lower.

i just saw they made a page on facebook, and that he is rebuilding it. maybe its old news, but i just saw it for the first time and thought people were so heated about it the first time here, theyd like to see the car again lol

His garage caught on fire. Lost lots of parts, tools, other garage stuffs. Because Mike is a true car (bmw and E28) enthusiast, he is rebuilding it. Work is being done currently, almost nightly.

And my comment was a joke. all that stuff really did happen. I was at his house a couple weeks ago and saw the damage first hand

i heard it was sketchy how it happened as well

I joke around about setting my car on fire a couple times a week. I made that joke actually in my build thread on here or in the stance trance thread lol. he made a joke about it, then unfortunately it actually happened. He is extremely well known and hated by some in the care scene. It was preventative. call it what you want. I think it was someone else that deleted that thread anyways to reduce the drama/hate/bullshit about the incident.

Why does he want to go through with rebuilding same one again?

I thought that was the end of it and he didn’t enjoy driving it anymore as it was barely drivable last I heard.

Not to mention the “sketchyness” of the loss

Actually doesn’t seem like the car should be structurally safe after that either.

I was very drivable. maybe a little uncomfortable lol. The car is very iconic in the “stance” scene. and when someone has been through so much with one car, its hard to just give up on it. plus, he does have the means, ability and creativity to create something new from what happened. although he wont tell anyone what he is planning

Wouldn’t the car have nothing in it now other than weakened metal frame? No wiring, no suspension, no driveline, no windows?

This is literally a chassis up build for a guy that’s short on money and or tools.

I’m sure the new wheels on it won’t be cheap either as he won’t cheap out on that.

I dont get it.

Edit: he started building another 5 too didn’t he??

The wiring was all hand done originally, it already had no windows and the windshield was plexi. As for wheels, well they certainly wont be cheap hahaha. wheels never are. He has a really qualified fab guy that is helping him with the rebuild

http://www.stanceworks.com/2010/11/american-history-the-dying-art-of-fabrication/
http://www.stanceworks.com/2011/02/american-history-part-2-inspiration/
http://www.stanceworks.com/2011/03/tonight/

Good for him for being able to fix it