BLOCK GUARD

anybody know if those block guards for HONDA’s actually work??

its an overly discussed/argued topic, much like underdrive pulleys.
the short answer is: yes, some can and will prevent the sleeves from moving/flexing/shifting. the cost of that “safety” is that they will block/slow/hinder coolant flow.

if you can’t afford to get your block sleeved, you could kick it old school and have a machinest put dowels in it

on an unrelated sidebar, if your wondering what the UDP referance is, its simple. crankshafts are designed to have a harmonic balancer to cancel out harmful vibrations and frequencies. if you remove the harmonic balancer in favor of a super light crank pulley, you are effectively re-intruducing those same harmful sonic pulses. the only acceptable solution is to have your stock crank pulley lightened or to drop a few hundred on an ATI or something.

Well stated, and yes adding UDP will allow harmful harmonic to resonate through your crank. Fluidampr makes a killer alternative to the OEM pulley. You can also shave your outer two beltways and have it balanced afterward…this leaves the OEM dampening substrate intact.

dont it it, the harmonics will cause it to crack without a doubt. a damper pully will help. But for all of that doe you should just sleeve for 700.

Both of my buddies daily turbo b16s with a block guard in them. I have no idea if they help, but no adverse affects have came from the block guard. Id imagine they have to hold something. lol

Honda cooling systems seem pretty fucking efficient i mean i can piss more coolant than those little radiators can hold.

i heard if you run them for a period of time at higher boost levels they will oval your cylinders…which would make sense because they are just reinforcing the top of the cylinder walls, so with the middle of the wall not being reinforced and with the high cylinder pressures it might bow them out but like i said didnt know anyone who ran them…what kinda boost are you buddies running??

700 include shipping or no?

i heard at high boost levels they actually oval your cylinder…which would make sense with the high cylinder pressure and the reinforcement only at the top of the cylinder wall

no not at all//

camp1320 had specials going for a while

Whats going on with them i tried login on to their web page and its not there anymore…

contact them through honda-tech.

I remember putting a block guard in a b16 with a greddy kit. it was a black car, all done up… i thought it was making some big power on big bo0st… it always ran around north hills