blue knob auto

anyone ever buy a car from here? :love:

http://blueknobauto.com/ they do a ton of used car business. a friend of mine (her father owns a new castle toyota dealership) said alot of dealerships can’t really compete w/them due to the volume they churn out. but… they are about 50/50 on the online reviews i read and they have a bad BBB rating (not that a BBB rating is the end all be all).

Dunno, but I saw a car with a Blue Knob license plate frame the other day for the first time and was wondering where it was at :dunno:

Looks like they have some really good prices, and a pretty big inventory.

what are you trying to buy from there?

i found a mercury mariner someplace else and i use blueknob as a yardstick on bottom end pricing. they’ve had a few vw’s i’ve looked at, couple jeeps… basically i need something that i can put the dogs in the back of.

I found my Fusion cheaper at a local dealer and one was was probably not from a flood in another state. Fuck blue knob

I tried calling them and asking about a few cars and they sounded like complete morons. It’s almost seemed like a wal mart for cars, the people there don’t know anything about the cars.

I drive past to and from work every week and have stopped once. I walked in and the woman I talked to was nice and asked what I was interested in. I told her the Volvo S60 R, G8, and GP GXP. She gave me a plate and the keys and sent me on my way. I drove each one for about 20 minutes by myself without any BS. She asked what I thought and worked up numbers on what I was interested in. The only problem was how much they would give me for my GP. I just can’t let it go for that so I will wait to buy form them when its paid off in a year or so.

Nice people IMHO

looks to me they make their money on volume. so a few hundred bucks here and there, but flipping constantly. the stuff they dump back at the dealer auctions, they probably still clear a few hundred on. seems like a good business plan to me–as the inventory gets rotated constantly nothing gets stale. must have a hell of a floorplan though to be able to do that.

Being that it’s pretty close to Johnstown there’s a ton of people that I know that have bought cars from there. I’ve never heard anything bad about them.

We bought our volvo from there, no haggling no BS. Gave us the keys to whatever we wanted, and let us drive it for however long we needed to. The salesman told me he doesnt even know how many cars he sells in a day, they wait till the place closes at night and count em all up.

i have heard that they do 600 to 800 cars a month

How was the price they offered for your GP compared to the trade in values from KBB, Edmunds, NADA, etc? I was thinking of going there next weekend. They do seem to have great prices.

my GP has 100k on the clock and is in great shape. They offered 3K. I am not saying that it was out of line compared to other dealers, actually its really just the value of GM cars. I will keep the car for who knows how long if that is all its worth at trade in.

People have told me that the pricing is great but they don’t give top dollar for trade in.

Most dealers dont and if they do give you top dollar dont expect any money to come off the asking price.but i havent heard anything bad from them either.just make sure you do a carfax on the car you want to look at.I hear there financing isnt to bad either.there inventory changes constantly so make sure you check a few times a week.

Did they deal on the price at all?

They went down $500 bucks, from what I heard they usually dont budge much more than that on the prices since they are already thousands lower than most places.

How can they sell cars for so cheap? I understand the they sell alot of cars but?

Im not exactly sure of how many they sell in a day but I know its a lot. You could say that selling 100 cars a day with a $200 profit on each car is more effective than selling 10 cars a day and trying to make $2000 on each one.

that’s cool that they budged at all, and good to know taht there is some small wiggle room. i’ve heard that they give you wholesale prices and wholesale trades. basically they could care less if you buy or not bc of their volume.

They usually sell 1000 a month… I know they sold about 60 on a saturday a few weeks ago… I know most people in the altoona area cant compete with their prices

its a great place to find a used car. I bought a grand am from them a few years ago and it was just fine. The price was right, but they don’t dicker on the price if at all. The car I picked had some scratches and had a few interior blemishes, and they said that it was already marked so low they couldn’t make it any lower. I could have spend 2k more on a nicer/newer model or just bought the one I could afford at the time, so I did.

if the car has a mechanical defect, they’ll fix it for you before you buy it, or after you bought it, whatever, I think its 30 day warranty. You can buy an extended warranty from them as well. I know a lot of people who have bought vehicles from them and have no issues with them.

they do focus on volume, but in some cases that is good. they let you drive whatever you want and then let you decide about buying it. they do give you low $ on trade in, in my opinion you’re better off selling your vehicle and buying one from them without a trade in but I know that’s sorta difficult since they move vehicles so fast.