Is this used car dealer legit?

Has anyone done business or know someone who has with “Cayuga Auto Exchange” in Cheektowaga near the airport? I stumbled across an ad of theirs on Craigslist and went to check them out tonight.

Their prices were almost too good for the years/miles on some of the cars in their lot. The guy I met said they turn over 100/month and focus on volume. Hoping someone in here can give me a Yay or Nay to calm/confirm my skepticism.

Thanks!

its a used car dealership, how legit can it be? lol

but its not like they are from nigeria, well they are in cheektowaga… I would say go check it out and get a carfax. Beyond that its a used car, you can never know for sure.

A used car dealership that focuses on volume :rofl:

what do they get bonuses from the used car gods…

Pm me for a carfax if they wont give you one

Unfortunately they don’t provide carfax reports which doesn’t do a whole lot to increase my confidence…

Anyone aware of a useful FREE online VIN lookup for vehicle history besides Carfax?

for the 30 bucks, its worth it. a lot of places dont provide carfaxes, but that doesnt make them shady. most used car dealers work on a slim price margin, and this guy said he tries to work in volume which means any extra expense takes away from the bottom line…

pm me the vin and i will get you a carfax

I say go for it!

your such a fuckin retard, you dont even know what the deal is… please end yourself

Or atleast go trade in your ugly pos on something new and DONT TOUCH IT

examples of cars and prices

None of these are necessarily quick or sporty cars, but I haven’t seen prices for these years on any other lot I’ve looked at. Most of the cars are immaculate with less than 70k. Maybe i’ve overlooked the makes and models…

2006 Chevy Malibu - $6,985 (KBB puts the LS suggested retail at $9705)
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ctd/1234825280.html

2005 Dodge Neon - $5,889 (KBB suggested retail $6,605, not a huge jump there)
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ctd/1228998815.html

An example of a full list from the same place
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ctd/1201124006.html

I’m looking to buy in case you haven’t figured that out… I’ve scoured the Auto Trader board here daily and have been lurking on the Buffalo Scooby board as well (wishing I could afford a WRX…), but if anyone else can recommend other sources online, reputable local lots or knows someone selling something small/mid-size with a little pep or great gas mileage I’d be interested to hear about it!

I’ve been driving a 1993 Lincoln Towncar for the past four years and while it has been a luxurious ride, I’m ready for something a bit more fun…

You’ll get a lot of peopel bashing them on here, but I went with my co-worker and picked up a grand prix for his daughter’s first car and it was a hell of a deal there. They really don’t haggle much on price, but looking at their prices I can see why when they’re already way under what other dealers are listing cars for. The grand prix my buddy picked up was about 2k under KBB and about 3k+ what any other dealer in a 50 radius was listing similar cars for.

Follow the rule of any used car purchase… know what the hell you’re buying. If you don’t know cars well enough to know what to look at bring someone who does. Even if you do know cars I’d suggest bringing someone else because they’re impartial eye may point out things you overlook in your excitement about getting a new car.

At least buying from a dealer you get the 30 day used car warranty that they have to give you by law, something no private party sale will come with.

honestly those cars look about right and $1000 more then what they are going at the auction for, so like someone else said they are prob just doing more volume than higher prices

I think you are just surprised to see such new cars so cheap. But when no one wants a base model domestic the price goes down. I didnt see anything too ridiculous

yeah, i’m on the hunt too and have stopped by there. i didn’t see anything too impressive. decent cars for decent prices, but it’s just that, decent.

edit: by decent, i mean presumably running well and no visible damage. i didn’t see anything that i would actually want to drive.

@JayS - Good advice. I stumbled across crazycheapcars, but didn’t give it a thorough look through.

@92SlowCivic - my sentiments exactly. I didn’t see anything I REALLY wanted there, but I figure if they have access to an Adesa auction and I give them a wish list, maybe they can find something that peaks my interest.

Thanks for the opinions gents, I’ll let you know how it goes!

FYI: I can find no “official” dealer license for Cayuga Auto Exchange

Auto Exchange in Buffalo, NY | 442 Cayuga Road, Buffalo, NY

try that

Ok, yes thats a legit license.
Wow they have been in business a long time with exceptionally clean record.

Pauly, where are you looking them up? Is it a public resource? Not just the BBB?

FYI he works for the dmv