Used Car Dealers

Hey all…

Im looking to buy a new car. Most likely used. Does anyone know of any good used car dealers other than like a dealer such as “west herr” or like “fuccillo chevrolet” etc…

Looking for a smaller used car place, a place that is price reasonable and they don’t try to lie or scam you… Any advice?

Thanks all

Well I know it’s not what you wanted but I’m going to suggest a big name dealership. I recently purchased a used car from Northtown and the service was amazing. They didn’t try a pull anything on me, were up front with what they could do (I came prepared with research and lots of pricing including auction prices, dealer prices, etc), and they were not pushy by any means.

The car got traded in with one set of keys and key fob and they had a second set sent right to my house. They even did my loan for me with my credit union so I didn’t have to go there and do it myself.

nice, what do there prices run, are the cars priced right? i just dont want to get ripped off

I don’t know what kind of car you are looking for, but I highly recommend Don Davis Honda. Their used cars have inflated prices on them, but the salesman we worked with said he would never suggest we pay that much for them. lol

agy2k2

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62911

Cars are not “priced right” pretty much anywhere. Do the research online, find out what the car is worth, and then find a dealer who has it. Go in with your research showing what the car is worth and don’t let them bullshit you with stuff like, “well, we’ve got x$ into the car”, so we can’t do that price. Just say, “ok, sorry you overpaid, I’ll look elsewhere” and leave. Chances are they’ll chase you out the door to continue working toward your price.

Cars aren’t selling, the buyer has all the power right now.

The car was priced higher than what I wanted to pay, but it was very reasonably priced compared to every other dealer in WNY and Roc area. They had every other place beat on price and I still got them to knock off $1,200.

I know most people stay away from big name places for used cars but they have the capital and sales volume to knock off the money where a small time dealership does not have that flexability to do so.

Edit: I did what JayS suggested and had no problems. No BS and right to the best price they could do.

This made me lol.

As far as the question goes, What type of vehicle would help.

Check out Basil, Dave Basil in on the board

I had great luck at Jim murphy. I just got a 2004 Yukon XL SLT fully loaded for $12,900 in damn near mint condition. Hardly any rust. Great service, very reasonable guys. I dealt with Greg Schmidt.

2nd that motion, Basil has an extensive used car selection. David Basil is on this board, drop him a PM his name is TORQDSS

Looking for a coupe or sedan, a nice daily driver, dependable, not looking to mod in any way but possibly rims, depends on the vehicle

Seems like a decent deal. How many miles? Did they offer you a carfax, was it a previous rental, 4wd?

thats the most specific thing ive ever heard

lol and looking to spend up to 6-7K tops.

lol

I picked up a 2006 G6 GT Sedan with the preferred equipment group, sound and sun plus package, and premium package. It also had another $800 in factory accessories.

It was a 2 year lease turn in that was honestly a brand new car, the seats didn’t even start showing creases in the leather yet. Had 23,xxx miles and I paid $13,8xx.

Kbb as of today is $14,985

Edit: Just to give you an idea of how the pricing is for the dealership.

i would buy from dealer, just seems they dont approve as much people as a small delaer :frowning:

What’s the hang up on a dealer? Are you looking to get dealer financing or want the 30 day warranty? 99% of the time you can find a much better deal private party, especially because you can get :snky: with the taxes.

Just under 70k miles, 1 owner vehicle, full carfax report was waiting for me when i got there. I called in advance once i found the vehicle online and asked about a car fax, said i’d be there in 30 minutes and it was waiting for me when i arrived. And it’s AWD.