Shady Dealerships, let's list them out!!!

List all the SHADY used car dealerships that you’ve heard about or had experience with.

As I’ve just sold my Altima SE-R, I’ve went to a few and had VERY bad experiences just by walking in and then also reading about them on forums such as Redflagdeals and other automotive enthusiast sites.

Most of the shady dealerships that I’ve read about are around the Keele and Finch area.

Chesswood, Downsview Auto, Auto Wholesale Cars R’ US, Toronto Auto Collection/Selection and more.

Feel free to post up your experiences or ones you’ve heard about!

Shady Joes Bottom Barrel Priced Vehicles -Shifty Eyes-

Some help for My local KW/Cambridge/Guelph guys.

Wright auto sales - Waterloo ontario. Rediculous admin fees, hidden costs - Etc. Take their list prices and add about 3-5 GRAND and then taxes. Yeah, stay away.

Quality car sales - Kitchener, Ontario. One of My mechanics used to work there, all the sawdust in transmission stories, etc. You think are made up, have been tried by this dealer, Stay farrr away.

To be honest, be on guard of ANY dealer who’s prices seem to be Too good to be true, they’re cutting costs somewhere along the line (usually in terms of parts/labour) or they stick a tonne of extra costs on the price. You’re usually getting your moneys worth when You buy a used car from a franchised New car dealer, they have a higher list of standards the car has to meet before it hits the lot.

MG Motors

http://mgmotors.autotrader.ca/index.htm?searchtype=adv&category=4000&mk=LEXUS&md=ES

Was looking at a 93 Lexus ES300 with 233 000 kms. Failed to mention in the ad that the cluster had been broken for the last two years. Shady as hell and contemplating on infrming the MTO about this particular car.

about the cost guys!! good news for all of you :smiley:

when dealer post a ad from now on (jan 2010) you have to list your full price only thing you dont include in the ad is tax!!(and you have to say that in the ad) starting jan 2010 !! its some new rules that just kicked in yo! ( they say its not limited to dou. lol)

and you guys have right for automatic rescission with in 90 days if fishy stuff wasnt disclosed.

bottom line its some good shit for customer. they are trying to keep the fishy people off :smiley:

no shit eh?

do you have a link to this stuff anywhere??

wow that’s crazy!

basically FULL price disclosed exlcuding taxes. and that includes EVERYTHING like safety and emissions.

what’s this about 90 days automatic remission?

yeah but like i said its limited to.
but heck it says your ad should include your safty and mission too.

90 days auto recission man! that means you can bring the car back basically… dont know if its starting jan 1 2010 (since i got my shit going after that lol) but you have you writte everything in discloser… if it was a taxi, rental, police cruiser, damaged, BRAND!!!, and etc etc…

its like kick ass bodyguard for customers imo lol lol

i guess from now on you guys are gonna c alots of AS IS ad from dealers lol lol lol dont worry i sells winter beaters lol lol lol lol lol

sorry i get this in email as a update…

Samson, I think your question should instead be:

List any reputable used car dealerships you know of.

My best advice is to stay away from every used car dealership, and there are tons of them posting their cars on kijiji.

Your best bet is to find a private seller. But I’ll tell you right now that by the time you see a decent deal from a private seller, it’s most likely already sold.

Always put yourself in the seller’s shoes, if a car really is worth $5,000, why the heck would they be selling it for $2,000? Especially if they are a dealer.

Don’t let greed blind you. If something sounds too good to be true, it always is.

murad auto sales,my buddy works there i drove the piss outta most of the cars…i remember i took one out at 100 and threw it in reverse…stay away from that place…i gott oneeightzero a job there to he knows the place is shady

Quality Auto Wholesalers

http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Cars_details/SCARBOROUGH_Ontario_2005_HONDA_S2000+CONVERTIBLE+6SPEED+2.2L+240HP_1878373.html?srcid=4009459&source=27&pgno=1&srt=70&CompanyID=ON20080102102602125&r=ontario&ad-attributes=photos,,

Buddy of mine was going to buy this ^^ ride. The alignment was off and the guy said he would get it aligned for delivery. Got there car was still pulling. The car fax that the dealer showed had no history of an accident so nothing was thought. He refused to take the car on delivery date did his own car fax and found out that there was frame damage and the car was originaly from the states. Then the guy tried to say that hes not going to give back his down payment.

My buddy went to http://www.omvic.on.ca/ and they defended the whole situation. He ended up getting his down payment back.

New dealerships fuck around hard too. All of the Woodchester dealerships have guys beating the piss our of the cars. I saw two 2010 G35’s with the white stuff still on, being taken to the top of 2nd on Winston Churchill as they raced each other doing one pass down and one back up. Then someone came in a 2010 Infinit SUV (the one that looks like a Murano) and that person squealed the tires in the lot in front of Little Cesar’s, peeling out in the back and then matting it on Winston Churchill forcing a redline shift.

A month ago I saw the new Mustang being beaten hard. All that came from the exhaust was black smoke. He kept flooring the thing. I think you’d be hard pressed to buy a new vehicle that has been sitting on the lot that hasn’t had one person beat on it. I see a new car being beat on weekly.

Your cool.

You’re cool!

Dont buy from Ready Honda on dundas and hurontario they fix up crashed demos and sell them and dont tell you that its been in a accident…not serious accidents but never the less sketchy.

man… from now on… read your papers!!!

they have to come with perfect discloser even if you miss print on trim level (ex: Si , Sir, Dx for honda civic) you ll be in trouble…

so read that thang b4 you buy… if dealer didnt state those problems such as previous FRAME DAMAGE, SALVAGE TITLE, rental etc etc… you can go for a 90 days auto recession!!!

its a new law!!! hot and fresh as jan 01 2010.

dont get fooled be on top of your thing!!!

but that doesnt apply when dealer stated AS IS in the ad…

Samson, im back in the biz, let me know what you want and i will get it for 3/4 the price from the auction - call my cell - later

5k auto located in streetsville miss, lied about brakes and starter

There is no dealer in Ontario that is shadier than Prestige Motors.

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM PRESTIGE MOTORS!!

They are in the business of repairing accident cars without an accident report and selling them as mint. I saw them repairing a front end collision car, and then the next day they tried to sell me that car and told me it’s never been in an accident. When I called them out on it, they said they were just repainting it for cosmetic reasons. Yea, cosmetic reasons like the front of it being smashed from an accident.

JP MOTORS in burlington. i traded in my civic siR and bought a used F150. they never paid off honda canada until 3 months later when i noticed the payments on the car were still coming out of my account. they had since sold the car to someone else WHICH IS ILLEGAL. they paid me the money but it was a real hassle. plus the truck i bought needed new plugs and coils in the first month i had it. took it back and they said the replaced the plugs, but i had the exact same problem another couple months later… they didn’t do anything to fix it.