are used car dealerships really this shitty?

So basically ive decided to never buy a car used.

Today while searching thru autotrader looking for nice cars that i cant afford. i Have come across many “Southern Car!” and "One Owner type of deal. Like this integra: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=249057167&dealer_id=55570268&car_year=1997&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=ACURA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=14227&advanced=&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=10000&cardist=55 (shit id still buy it) But the dealer says its a “southern car”. Lucky me i have a carfax for the next month so i decided to look it up. Wierd…The car’s first owner owned it for 7 years and it was registered in ny… hey thats not a southern state. Oh, but look! there is a second owner, oh ha- registered and owned for the past 2 years in ny before the dealer bought it at an auction.

Can dealerships really do this? Wouldn’t this be false advertising or some kinda legal shit.

Btw if anyone needs a carfax for a car they’re looking to buy ill be happy to do it for you

The car could have been registered here but driven in a southern state it’s whole life? I know it’s a long shot, lol. But it is possible.

Should have known from the dealer’s name.

or they bought it @ an auction in the south and just assumed.

cars have to be registered every 2 years and it was registered each time in nys. So maybe they drove it back down the whole time lol

it was sold at a nys auction, carfax tells you all these things, “i would never buy a used car without it”

either way. its x-treme auto sales. Save yourself some time and hassle and buy from a legitimate big name dealership.

exactly. they say all their cars are southern cars. by southern they mean PA. i’ve been there before when my friend was looking for cars. most are from PA and NY. nothing really more south than that.

As long as it’s from below the rust belt, which a lot of NY actually is, that’s all you need to worry about. What difference does it make if it’s from NC or NY? Do you really think that makes a difference? I got my E36 from Xtreme and it was originally shipped to Latham and then was on LI the rest of its life. It’s totally rust/corrosion free and looks brand new top and bottom.

Not a long shot at all everything I drive has Florida plates on it and in the past 2 years i’ve been in 5 other states for at least 4 months each time. I never once changed them. So very possible the first owner did the same…

Not a long shot at all everything I drive has Florida plates on it and in the past 2 years i’ve been in 5 other states for at least 4 months each time. I never once changed them. So very possible the first owner did the same. I’m not saying this is always the case however, maybe they left all the maintence records in the glovebox and the dealer saw they were from the south.

See that’s exactly what I was thinking.

but the cars registration was re-newed 3times in ny in lancaster

Why you would pay $7000 + for a 97 Integra is beyond me, fuck stealerships.

Could you run a CF for me?

is this the xtreme auto in rochester? if so i bought my bmw from them. It ran great and perfect until i messed with it 2 yrs later. Now its got ober 500whp.:slight_smile: I had a great experience with them.

Dont forget every car is different. Be careful and have your own mechanic take a look at the car your going to buy.

Not really a good example. German cars really don’t rust.

buyer beware

not sure why this is worth a thread

pm me