Where did you buy your car from?

Ive been looking for a new car lately. Ive been looking at dealerships, forums, craigslist , autotrader… Just seeing where everyone originally bought their car.

All of mine have been through private party sales. I hate stealerships.

bought my first car from a dealer…sold it a year later for 60% what i paid for it…can’t justify stealerships any more either…all over vehicles have been private party transactions.

But recently with all the cash off and 0% offers everywhere i wouldn’t mind considering a stealership, especially since warranties are a beautiful thing and a luxury i do miss.

craigslist in maryland, didnt want all the extra costs of a dealership, wanted a car outside of NYS, and find something pretty cheap.

Private party for all so far, with the last three bought on here.

i would never buy a used car from a dealership unless they had work done to it documented (used) or if i personally knew owner/have dealt with them before

my first car i bought from a personal friend who had all repairs documented, things replaced, a list of what needed to be done etc etc. i think i only put about 400$ into it between new tires/brakes for the one year i owned it and everything else was perfect

my current car had no work documented, had things “said” that were done, but werent or were halfassed

so far i’ve had to put in, new tranny, clutch, VSS, t-stat, headgasket, exhaust, brake lines, fuel lines, injector o-ring, radiator, radiator fan, radiator fan switch, new fusebox, new wipers (lol w/e but still), 3 new tires, front end alignment, control arm bushings

and it still needs: 2 new axles, oilpan gasket, wheel bearing

yeah i think u get the idea, get a car that is documented

Don Davis.

or not buy a car that is rusted in half? obviously if the car need new brake lines, gas lines, and an exhaust it just rotted through many winters. taking a look under the car can be a smart thing to do before you buy a car.:gotme:

the car is perfectly clean underneath

then why would you need to replace all the components that are on the under side of the body?

The two in my driveway came from Town Mazda ('03) and Mike Barney Nissan ('07).

Tampa Florida.

Private parties for both.

Usually private individuals. I bought used from a dealership once and wouldn’t repeat the experience unless I was buying a car new.

Bought my saturn from a rich dude on Long Island.

Thing had like 23k miles on it, bought it for 5500 cash.

Haven’t had a payment for about 4 years now.

West Herr

Dealer (new): 04 STi, 06 STi, Rabbit
Dealer (used): 04 Range Rover, 05 Elise
Private party: 08 Exige

Every car I have ever owned was found on and sold via autotrader/private party until my M5. It was found on autotrader and purchased from a dealer. I was searching all over and it was the best deal.

Family member
Used car dealer
Ebay (found it on there and bought it outside the website New car dealer)
Company Car
Ebay (found it on there and bought it outside the website Used car dealer)

ebay from a dude in DC