Bluemeanie whupped SilverWS6

from a roll nonetheless. Discuss.

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5717

Silver is an A4 right? A4s suck for freeway rolls. But a win is a win. And it wouldn’t be the first time a 4G63 from this board beat a LS1 from this board at a freeway roll! :smiley:

-TJ

you probably would have won if you didnt have my fat ass as a co-pilot.

:hsdance:

you make excuses on the a4 not being a good roll racer yet my car is awd…he traps at 110 and 110 is 110, fact is neither of us went anywhere, 3rd-5th isnt’ my strong point neither is it his i dunno why people gotta make excuses, me and mike knew it was a fair race so leave it at that.

he’s auto i’m awd…deal with it

get the sand out of your vag, birffday boy. TJ has mass respect for the imports. If Silver had won, all the DSM guys would mention that you had a disadvantage due to AWD. Its not making excuses, its discussing the race… :slap:

never said anythign about him it’s just this same subject came up in the other thread too about his car not being good from a roll…well then neither of us were good from a roll but a rwd car that runs a 12.4 should walk away from an awd car that runs a 13.4…

(it was a broad statement not a directed towards him one) i’m not “sticking up” for imports just i finally run a proven fast car and all i hear are excuses.

no if silver had one they’d have just said “well your car obviously isn’t as fast”

hey man, im on your side… I think AWD is more of a disadvantage (300 more lbs, ~10% more drivetrain loss) than having an automatic… Its a good kill. Sounds to me like you wouldnt have much of a hard time pulling a 12.1-12.3 out of that car… which is pretty fuckin impressive for a small 16G

:cool:

it’s a b16g not that it matters all that much at that point…but i think the seals may be going bad not sure it was smokin when i let off like mad…may just need cleaned from sitting not sure.

my bad, i thought you had a small 16G… maybe time to think bigger? FP Green? :naughty:

I know a kid that would probably sell you one for cheap and he lives in Kittanning.

autos have like 25% drivetrain loss or close to it. but a race is a race. a roll race is still a race. just like nascar they start from a roll

The only reason I even mentioned the Auto thing is just from my own experiences. I’ve walked A4 LS1s that are close to a second faster than me at the track on freeway rolls from the “wrong” speed.

But like Mikey Mike and the Chubby Bunch said: I have mad respect for anything fast. And I do appreciate the fact that you’re working w/ 3.7 less liters. When I mentioned a “LS1 from this board” getting walked on the freeway by a “4G63 from this board” I was refering to my LS1 and George and Kolar’s 4G63s (for those of you who don’t go back a bit, Kolar built Mike’s Talon… then Mike bought it). It was before I did headers and the runs were close, but I was truely impessed. I also bummed a few rides in George’s 4G63, and Jay’s SR20DET (even drove it once… though never got to play :wink: ) and saw them both run better times than I do at the track. Then there’s Mark’s Supra, that kid from UT’s 300ZX TT I rode in and a whole slew of other imports I give props to.

I wasn’t trying to take anything away from your kill, it was a great run for sure. Makes me think your car has more than a 13.4 in it!

-TJ

if ur trap speed is 110 at a 13.4,& his is like 108 at 12.40’s why should he walk u on a roll race?

his car is definately fast but i honestly think itll be a closer race next time and i give him mad props for how quick that thing is

race from a stop!!!

x2 you got awd so i should lose !!!

not always, a good hooking rwd can hook just as well as a awd

i know quik :wink:

no last time i was at the track i went 13.4@102, never said i went 110 i said if he traps at 110 then it’s a decent comparison to what i would probably trap at.

Ls1 cars do not have great top end pull, my car was running 12.40’s at the track last year and on the way home me and 96 ta who used to be on this board ran 11.80’s or 90’s the same day. We were goofing off on the way home at about 60 mph roll and i pulled some cars on him, they are low end engines. Superchargers, N2O, and turbos own the highway.