AWD or RWD?

We all know that front wheel drive sucks, but between RWD and AWD which do you prefer?

rear, less shit to break/lighter

awd

awd for winter

Depends on application.

Sometimes FWD is best, even in racing.

it’s kinda unfair for me to vote, since i’ve never drive/owned an AWD vehicle, but based on my experience and what i know/have heard:

AWD is heavier
AWD means more to break
RWD is the platform for just about every supercar, race car, etc…out there (with the exception of rally usually)
Most cars are front engine, and RWD helps evenly distribute weight front to rear in them…

Obviously there are pro’s to AWD, and cons to RWD, but i’m voting RWD, so why promote that which i am not voting for…
But overall, it really does depend on the application and what you plan on using the car for…

RWD if I can have something else for when the weather is real bad. Ex, my GTO, but tomorrow I’ll drive the wife to work and take the Expedition for the day.

I don’t really want to go into the whole debate again because it was already discussed at length here:
http://www.ubrf.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32437

I like RWD even in the snow unless it’s a retarded amount of snow. Then it kinda sucks. AWD is nice because it doesn’t matter.

rwd for spring/summer/fall
awd for winter

AWD all year round, can’t beat it.

AWD all time all year…

AWD is my vote :stuck_out_tongue:

For a daily driver I think it’s hard to argue against AWD since we’re in NY. For most types of racing I’d take either one, but for rally AWD is just way too much fun.

the question sucks.

Unfortunately, the majority of people who will answer the question here will fall into this category.

Or the “I have FWD, but hear that RWD rocks ass”

AWD FTW… Especially for high horsepower applications. Nothing like being able to get power down right NOW.

once you go AWD you will never go back.

Not true, it really depends on application. For me it is a really hard decision.

Your answer sucks. :slight_smile: