AWD or RWD?

RWD > AWD

Not as much shit to break, less tire wear, less friction, more power to the ground, more fun, better in 99% of race enviornments.

Well at least we all can agree that FWD sucks.
http://forums.h-body.org/files/fwd_sucks_161.jpg

i hate all of you. go break your center and rear diffs.

:frowning:
:slight_smile:

You drive auto AWD, you don’t know how truely fun it is :slight_smile:

I voted RWD, mainly because 2 of my cars are RWD… . I havn’t had that much seat time in AWD, but this’ll change next year :smiley:

wasn’t an answer it was an observation. so now you suck :slight_smile:

RWD is only better in 1% of applications; Dry conditions with SUPER sticky tires in an under-powered car.
You people need to learn more about physics.
I don’t have time to teach you right now but, QUATTRO has been banned from certain racing series because of the amazing advantage.
I thought this pole was a joke when I first read it.
The laws of physics don’t lie and never change.

Look outside, you’ve got my vote.

Didn’t quattro take something ridiculous like a 30 minute lead when they introduced their first awd car into rallying?

9 minutes, it was being used as an opening car though.

Questions sucks, but my vote is for AWD because I’m obviously biased. :slight_smile:

Though mostly it depends on application, but it’s quite rare that I really miss RWD. It made for SIQQQ burnouts.

I’m going to quote myself from that other thread because I don’t feel like re-typing it all.

http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/Combined Nationals.pdf
Updated results link, same results, different year. Progress was made for the AWD crew in the street touring classes, but considering their street tire requirements and the sandy pavement at Heartland Park that doesn’t really surprise me.

After someone said not many people entered AWD at the solo nationals…

After someone suggested racing a FWD eclipse vs an AWD eclipse. As well as a response to AWDrifter’s post about Quattro and it’s banning…

And finally, someone suggested Porsche may have done RWD on the GT2/3 because of class restrictions, and the GT because they couldn’t make an AWD tranny to hold up to 600 hp…

AWD all day long

RWD

NWD…no wheel drive! TRACKS 4 L

http://www.team-ninja.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2398&stc=1&d=1042754244

In 1981 Hannu Mikola drove the QUATTRO in the first stage of the Monte Carlo Rally and the other drivers were betting on his time on the 14k stage.
One guessed he was tied for first, another guessed he was 10 seconds faster.
He said, “You are correct but, I was ONE MINUTE ten seconds faster!!!”
After 7k he passed the competition that started one minute before him!

I rather miss my old 2wd ranger, it actually was surprising fun in the snow.

For a DD or a performance car? I couldn’t answer because you didn’t specify.

Why do I have to pick? I like both.

truth. +1.

I like both. AWD obviously has the advantage and is a lot of fun in low traction conditions, but I really enjoy RWD in all conditions.

You know, you’re right.

The law of gravity. Aka, all that extra weight for you’re lugging around and only using from a dead stop or in slippery conditions, assuming you have 400hp or less.

The law of friction. Aka, all that extra drivetrain friction, sucking up HP.

The law of balance. Aka, putting more weight in the front, where you don’t want it, ending up with front heavy understeering cars.

And lets not forget Murphy’s law. If it can break it will, and you have a shit load more parts, clutches, and CV’s than a simple RWD.