RWD > AWD

So yea, I drove zee Talon home tonight. At first I was worried, that I’d like it more than the G because of the power and all. Getting it out on the higway and playing around with boost made me think it even more, thing hauls ass, and it hooks up so well.

And then I took a corner. :frowning:

It’s better than a FWD, but… not by much. The S13 and the G feel soooooooo much better to drive, I can’t even put it in words. It’s a great winter car, but now I know why so many people pass on getting an STi and get a 350Z/S2000 instead. It totally does not feel anywhere as fun. It’s just fast, that’s all.

I just can’t wait for the summer… miss the G sooooooo much.

go sliding in the snow…

Finally no loss of speed.

You can keep the slide going for ever…
enjoy your chrysler :slight_smile:

thats why a sti comes with a dccd tranny

acts more like rwd around corners.

yea solarian
your forgetting about hicas controllers…
and just the fact I could get PULL and PUSH at the same time,
thats awesome.

weird, i thought my talon handled better than my S13 with pretty much the same suspension setup and tires. maybe your talon just has awful tires or something.

only reason i bought another 240 after trading it for the talon was because dsms are money pits.

+1

AWDs that are rear bias FTW
acts like rwd, even in the dry, but it accelerates during the slide

I base my hadling observations much more heavily on feel than corner speed. I just didn’t think I’d be feeling understeer again, I dunno. Just the feeling of plowing forward is so repulsive to me that I can’t help myself.

really? my impression of the dsm (2nd gen) is that it has a turning radius of the titanic strikes me more as a straight line car compared to the s13 but I’ve only driven a dsm on a handful of occassions so I maybe wrong.

And it took me a whole whopping ONE day to break the car, not even… Update to come tomorrow after I get it looked at to figure exactly wtf is wrong with it.

lol already

man you shood have kept the solara. that was a good daily driver/winter beater

not a dsm

You bought a DSM? Why would you do that?

Peter, he sold the Solara to buy this because hes retarded.

Andrew.

I drove a 330xi in the snow last night, easy to slide around, but if I was going to buy one, I’d by the RWD version.

I don’t know what the deal is with the Talon, but when I had the Legacy last year I loved it. In stock form it was a ton better than a stock 240 in the twisties. And it was crazy fun in the winter as well, even with just all seasons it had no problems at all.

yea i loved my impreza. took corners like a champ.

Had a talon for 2 years… ive never dumped sooo much money into a car!!! EVER!! somethings always going wrong with thoses cars…

That’s the first time I’ve seen somebody say/write “thoses”.

Wow.

But seriously Ant - WTF!!! You got rid of a Toyota for a Chrysler?? That’s as bad as selling the G for a … I don’t know - I can’t think of anything worse.

typo… didnt know this was a spelling b contest… lol
Btw, the Talon is a Mitsubishi just badged under the crysler name… im sure u knew that tho

Jay

Its just the easiest way to get on the nerve of a DSM driver.

I dunno I’ve owned both 1st and 2nd gen AWD and they can handle well.

If you have a first gen…thats not a good indicator of what Mitsu can do. Why? Because they began designing that thing in 1985, so AWD cars were very raw. The 2Gen is a handling monster, full double wishbone, stiff chassis, LSD, viscous center diff…with simple tweaks like sways and springs oversteer was possible.

So no comparasin a tired old 80s design with 100,000s of kms to an STI just because they are both AWD.

Hell, the new 335xi and the R8 i was testing were both oversteering quite nicely too.