AWD or RWD?

awd for me

It’s cute how you guys get all flustered at an open-ended question. :hay: I did it that way intentionally. I figured I’d get more thought out of you guys than if I said “What do you prefer for a fun year 'round daily driver?” :wink:

s2k + Galant VR4 = i like both :slight_smile:

AWD = to much control

RWD FTW

75% of your axles are drive axles. Not too shabby. :tup:

I’d have to say RWD… awd is fun and more practical… in buffalo I’d preffer an awd car…becuase I hate winter cars…
but if I lived in florida I’d own a rwd car…

lets not forget…fwd has some advantages…like autocross…
fwd is lighter…and even less drivetrain loss than rwd…
a good setup fwd car with under 200hp will be better than a rwd car on an autocross course…am I right?

no, you are not. and you are very general, but you are still not correct.

AWD is much easier for the less skilled to be fast.

No.

Engine power can override all of that but, if you can’t afford power then stick with the limitaions of rear wheel drive.:stuck_out_tongue:

So is a car with power and fat sticky tires.
What is your point?

there is nothing like squirling out the rear end of a car… nothing. such a rush.

i almost killed myself a few times the first week or so i had the bimmer. sketchhyyyyyy

rwd for summer car and awd for winter car :stuck_out_tongue:

AWD helps a bad driver get out of bad situations.

+1 Thom.

Other than the Veyron, name me ONE AWD supercar.

Hell, look at FIA GT, or ALMS, do you see ANY AWD cars participating?

I’ll give the nod to AWD in Rally but that’s about it.

Fyi, the '80’s transam quattro’s had more advantages than just AWD, and the RS6’s that were in Speed GT were cheater cars. Full tube frame chopped chassis with raised floor pans, opposed to production cars.

Oh yeah, and big sticky tires and high hp RWD is easy to drive to a point. That point being when ANY slip angle is involved then it’s all skill (which is how you should be driving, 1-2 degrees). At which point lap times start to vary by about 10-30 seconds on average over a 1:50 second course.

Sooooo what your saying is that you wish your Pcar was awd? :headbang:

I always knew the education on the Southern Tier was sub par to the rest of WNY.

The AWD Quattro cars in TransAm racing would only put about 10% of the power to the front, they were just superior cars in every other respect as well.

I’ll go back to my WRX example, except lets make it an STi since you seem to think HP makes up for all AWD’s problems.

Take one stock STi, and one where I get to rip ALL the AWD stuff out. No extra diffs, clutches, CV’s, and heavy duty front end.

Hand each of those cars to the Stig, and see which one goes around their test track faster on a dry day. Same HP, but the AWD car is going to be carrying more weight, and more of it over the front wheels where you really don’t want it. If you honestly believe the AWD car is going to be faster around the track you need to look at MPD’s comment about the education system out there :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I agree about the RWD for the summer and AWD for the winter