BMW Class Action Lawsuit - 2007-2010 N54 Twin Turbo Engine

I just paid 33k for a brand new car, 300hp AWD, heated seats,mirrors,windsheild,18"wheels,xenon headlights,ipod intergration,sat radio…and in my humble opinon…it looks quite nice too.

Yea… mine went around 30k already… lol

wow, theres alot of hate in this thread. i imagine bmw will step up and correct this properly. shit my subframe has been good in my e46 and there was no issue getting that repaired.

Agreed 100%… handling > g37 too.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

They didnt make an 06 335 btw.

Oh no!!! How are all the 335 owners going to get to Starbucks now and talk on their ear pieces really loudly in public?

time for a new angle bud

Who needs an “ear piece” when the phone connects with bluetooth directly to the car? Beep Me: “Dial Name” Me: “Asshole” Car: "Dialing ‘Asshole’ " … ring ring “HELLO?” Me: “Hey Quattro, how’s it going? My Grande Mocha is delicious.”

From being in Colorado with AR Design. we knew BMW had tons of issues and they did indeed turn down boost on cars when problems happened instead of doing a turbo update.
Seeing logs i remember after a issue with 1 of the bmw’s . They had the boost turned down to 5psi
I know a few cars who went through 5-8 fuel pumps in less then 2 years per car plus 2 engines. ’ in stock form’
all 335 / 135’s

Glad a suit was filed…

Thats great!

i don’t see a real fix every coming for the high pressure pumps, they’ve upgraded the part about 5 times or so now and they still fail. mine went at 8000 and my second one is about to go soon at 21,000 miles. i replace them all the time, and BMW makes a huge process just to get one replaced under warranty(as if they dont know they are junk)

i haven’t had any of the newer style turbos come back for wastegate noises, except one member’s on here and we’ve tried just about everything to take care of it, and it still rattles. shitty design.

there has to be a solution out there for high pressure pumps. it is not like they are in uncharted waters here. DI has been out for quite some time in the diesel world. I wonder if the issue is that gas does not lubricate as well as diesel and that is part of the reason for the failures on the pumps. I have not herd the issue on the DI 3.5L from ford. I wonder if this will be a issue that will start popping up in a couple years as they age.

Any updates on this issue? I was thinking of picking a CPO 335i this coming summer but this sucks!

I tried to get my turbos done due to a slight rattle on startup…

bmw claimed it was normal, and it goes away after 2-3 minutes… (which is true, it quiets down to almost no noise at all)

BUT, i did have my original fuel pump go around 30k miles… Second one is still going strong, however, my locks have been acting up lately… thank god for warranty.

The locks are a common issue on these, they will likely blow the fuse and stop working. The latches werent designed to spec and can/will draw too much amperage and blow the fuse. The fix is usually to replace both front latches. There is an SIB but it may only be for the E90/E91 (4 door/wagon)

As for the N54 itself, there are now 3 recalls out, depending on production date. One is to replace the high pressure fuel pump, one to update dme software, and another to check/replace the fuel injectors. I would stay away from one unless it has a good amount of warranty left. Some/ most of them have extended warranties on atleast the high pressure fuel pump, i think 10 years/100,000