Help~Engine Ticking BAD

So Monday night I noticed my car sounded like a diesel and was ticking loudly, then it never went away, when I drive it gets louder, u can hear it from down the road, sounds like I have a bent valve, but I dont understand how…Im so worried, I dont know what the hell is wrong but my car sounds like its gonna blow up :(:(:(:(:frowning: Im gonna take it up to Saratoga Honda this week, if it even lasts, it ticks so loud I wouldnt be surprised if it will end up needing to be towed. I only have 40k on my car too, but I bought it with 30k so I dont know about the previous owner. I never drove it hard enough to cause engine damage.

is it rotational does it get louder and faster when you rev it?

If you money shifted the car its probably a bent valve…

I wouldent drive it untill you get it looked at…

ooh, that sucks, Tricia. keep us updated. hopefully its nothing bad or expensive.

the only way I can explain the noise is, back in the day when i used to put soda cans on the back tire of a bike and it made that noise, thats the exact noise my car is making. Its not a rotational noise, it sounds badddd and I am so pissed

and whats even crazier is I have not been feeling myself lately, Ive been down…so I have even hit vtec in like a week or more

That is a rotational noise tricia… as in something is rotating and gets louder as you rev the car up

Example: Bent valve… possilble spun bearing…

Have you checked the block for a piston shinine thru? I know someone who drove a whole day with 1 cylinder rod slamming thru the block :rofl:rofl

That’s the noise my black Jetta made when I killed it. :frowning:

Must be a woman thing :rofl

it just makes loud ticks, almost sounds like its knocking but not as loud as knocking. Some ppl on the 8th civic forum suggested having the valves adjusted, but I dunno it doesnt make sense on a low mileage engine

asre u sure its the engine or just soda cans on ur tires

:lol seriously I sent a video of the noise to benny, if he wants he can post it, it sounds horrible

i didnt want to be the first one to say this

Well, I don’t know about Tricia, but I was totally at fault. :lol

Pulled onto the side of the road on a slight incline, bottomed out on a manhole cover, checked the car didn’t see anything leaking or broken, went about my business assuming all was fine.
Return to vehicle four hours later, start engine, seize engine. I had broken two motor mounts and put a hole in my oil pan. Poured every drop of oil out onto my friend’s lawn and all over his mom’s lilac bush. She still brings it up every once in a while when I see her. :facepalm :rofl

Nicely done Nicole, nicely done. :rofl

use a long bladed screwdriver or extention against the cyl. head to listen to it. if its a loud deep clunking, listen to the bottom end. should be an easy diag.

no reason to bring it to the stealer and get raped unless its covered under warntee. there are plenty of independents that could easily take it on.

don’t you have a man in your life that can check it for you

Hey, go big or go home.
I decided I didn’t feel like fixing it and got a new car. :smiley:

youre all the man any of us would ever need :lol:lol:lol:lol

but srsly tho, good tip. how does that work? you use a screwdriver to press against the block and feel if it knocks or what?

Yeah put it on the head or the block and see if you can feel it knocking…

Pretty simple…

Or go buy a Mechanics stethascop for 10 bucks at harbor freight

ive heard about using the stethoscope, but never an extension/long screw driver for that. interesting.

thanks sexy wink.

you can hear, and isolate the noise when your near it. does the same thing mechanics stethoscope.