Help~Engine Ticking BAD

I would hope that’s covered under warranty… bring it to the dealer asap.

Any CEL?

this is not a good week for k20s.

Gotttta be a spun bearing. The description sounds exactly like my buddy’s RSX-S when it spun a bearing. He drove it for a bit with it still making noise and it got louder, as you said yours is, then it took a shit.

Sucks.

:rofl I better put mine in the garage til Monday!:ahh:ohnoes

Why is a motor with 40k spinning a bearing is what I would like to know…

Beating the shit out of it, or not keeping up with maintenance.

Edit: Or that ^^^^

She’s only had it for 10kmi. Maybe the previous owner abused the crap out of it? Probably thought, “Hey, it’s a Honda. They are ultra reliable. I’ll just drive it and fill it with gas. Shouldn’t have to do anything else.”

schuy right? I talked to him too, hes not sure either, and I did listen with a screwdriver monday night and its in the top end not the bottom end, sounds like it might have piston slap

Romping on a cold engine is the worst.

Tricia - check the oil.

I do a oil change every 3k and I do full synthetic and I always put 93 octane in

the oil is fine, the oil gauge in the car says 60% and the dipstick is perfect and Im not due for a change for another 1800 miles

I’ve actually heard from a few of the guys (reading their discussions not actually talking to them about it) that build motors in the Maxima community that that myth isn’t exactly true. Is it good for the motor? Probably not. But is it lethal for the motor? They say no it’s not.

Tricia, your motor was probably neglected by the previous owner. Is it still under warranty? or does Honda not transfer warranty’s?

its still under the powertrain warranty which is 5yrs or 60k but now I have to put my car to stock, Im taking off the exhaust cause they will try to blame a engine problem on a catback exhaust for sure cause honda f*ckin sucks:'( Im not putting the exhaust back on either,Im leaving it stock, Im so sick of the problems with the new si’s I had a 06 with alot of probs now this one, honestly honda dropped the ball with the kseries…ftl

Leave your parts on it. They will have to prove the problem is a result of that. Just saying, “You have an exhaust. It broke the engine.” won’t cut it.

Glad I went with the SS over the Si :lol

Only way you can argue that is by taking them to court.

Not worth it.

Not really.

Make that act known to them, they will have to prove it. If they can prove it and you still want to fight it, THEN you go to court. They will probably realize you aren’t retarded and be more honest once they know that you know about the Warranty Act and aren’t some fool off the street who puts random crap on their car and doesn’t know the brake pedal from the gas pedal.

This might work in la-la land, but in the real world… not so much.

I have a friend in NYC who got a BRAND NEW engine from Nissan thanks to that act. No court necessary. They tried blaming his oil-drinking issues (a small % of VQ35DE’s had the issue) on something that ended up being totally unrelated and he got a new motor.

You have to go in there with the proper info and demeanor. If you go in there yellin and talkin bout this act, of course you won’t make out. It’s all about communication skills.

That’s the only shot he has right now anyway. It’s worth a shot.