Help~Engine Ticking BAD

They can void your warranty for whatever they want. That act is only useful in a courtroom IMO. You can tell the idiots at the service desk all about the act, they will look at you like you have two heads and a dick for a nose and go “Manguson what? What’s that? We never heard of that.”

Front tires showing wear? They simply claim abuse, and your warranty is void. They can void your “warranty” for anything they want.

whats up with all these K series failing these days?:wierd

They are overrated pieces of jap junk

No. lol. I’m not going to argue anymore on this forum.

Trish, good luck. Look into what I said, you never know. It’s worth a shot. What do you have to lose right now?

Have you ever had to deal with a voided warranty before? Do you even know what you are talking about?

Rev the engine, if it ticks twice as fast when the RPMs are coming back down, it’s a bearing problem.

if I rev it up it ticks louder then as the rpms come down it ticks slower. I work at Mohawk Auto on State St. so if anyones in the area send me a PM I would love for someone to hear it lol , Im not risking taking it to a dealership till its stock

Take it somewhere so you can at least figure out what the problem is, since you obviously can’t seem to figure it out on your own.

Either that or tick it on over to my work and make me a ham and cheese sandwich with mayo on white bread. I’m very hungry.

:lol I have ideas on what it is but not 100% sure

I’d have to hear it to be able to figure out what it is.

A rod knock/spun bearing is really easy to tell from a valve tick, though…

its deff. a tick not a knock, it sounds like noisy injectors but then when u drive it gets really really loud, to the point u can hear it outside the car from down the road lol

:shifty LOL you were tearing it up in your development too!

At first it was real subtle and only noticeable between like 2k-4.5k. Then, yea the whole card in the spoke sound. At least the car made it to synapse under it’s own power haha.

Stop driving your car Tric. Personally I’d bring it to synapse to diagnose it since to me their more trustworthy than the stealership who just want to sell you parts.

I was under the impression Jesse narrowed it down to the top end?

Hope that’s the case!

Yea it is. The dealer ship voided my truck warrenty due to the 4inch exhaust I put on it.They tried blaming the exhuast for a fuel pressure problem.

Uhm not good lol

Mine was a “tick”. Sounds like a bearing.

Ilya,

are you listening?

thats what he “thinks” lol but I dunno, what ur saying is exactly what it sounds like, but its still under warranty so Ill try that route before synapse, if I end up having to pay 4 it I will go to synapse. Its so irritating, but Ill have ya listen later to see if it sounds like what ur car did

My car is not knocking for sure, I have knock sensors and none have gone off, no check engine lights, its deff. ticking loud

Synapse is probably going to be just as much as a dealer pricewise.

The quality of work, however, is significantly higher. I’d trust them with my car over a dealer any day of the week.

I thought knock sensors didn’t pick up bearing knock, they pick up detonation. Is that correct?

Yes? Did underboosted try to use the act in his power? Or did he just accept what they told him and went on his way? What is the issue here? It’s worth a shot. Did I guarantee it would get a free replacement for anyone? No. But it’s worth a shot. That’s all I said. Relax.

Anyway…

Could it be lifter knock/tick? My moms 02 Subaru Legacy and many Subaru’s (even my old 92 Legacy GT) have/had this issue. Lifters were CRAZY loud. Cars ran fine and for a LONG time.

Correct. At least on our cars they do.