Help~Engine Ticking BAD

I had a hydraulic lifter collapse once. I thought it was a knock/tick from the top of the motor also. But all I had to do was rev the engine a bit and it built pressure again and it’s fine :slight_smile: But it sounds like in your case, it’s getting worse.

tric it doesnt matter if its a knock tick bung bang pow, its just not good. my bearing deff made what you would prb consider a tick…

Yeah, best advice would be to not drive/run it. Seriously.

Isn’t there a few professional mechanics (meaning do it for a living) on here? Can’t you guys help a girl out have a look to see what it could be without charging her $80/hr like most dealerships would. To me it almost sounds like she’s describing lifter knock…my old Subaru was very loud and it was a rotational noise (obviously). But I’m no engine expert.

Trish, go to Autozone and get your ECU checked for codes. You could have pending or ghosts codes. Ya never know?

should have bought a 98 maxima.

rod bearing is my guess… did you miss a gear and over rev it?

im a mechanic, i work at kost tire and auto care on central ave. im there 9-7 tmw i you want us to take a poke at it.

Ive never missed a gear, ive had 3rd gear pop out sometimes, but Ive never done anything abusive at all:'( I just brought it over to mohawk honda to have them look at it

newish car popping out of gear, beat.

if its under warranty you want new everything, motor, tranny, and clutch for the hell of it while they’re in there

there is a recall for it, its a known problem with 3rd gear, I just have to duplicate it for them to fix it. and it doesnt happen all the time

ya same with rsx’s. i never experienced it tho luckily enough, prb will now after saying that hahah.

txt me your address tricia so i can swing thru after my crane st. extravaganza

sent:thumbup if I end up having synapse do the work I might as well change some stuff while hes in there.

fuck that if your car has a spun rod bearing, the dealership should replace the motor for FREE!

Well Mohawk Honda is telling me they are “confident” that its bent valves, and they said the only way thats caused is by over revving, and its not covered under warranty. So I asked did is there a over rev code? and he said no so that to me means I DID NOT over rev it ?! Im so irritated and he said over revving is the only way, which I think is incorrect bc I have variable valve timing, I think its possible for the timing to be off and cause it to mess it up that way right? I dont know Im so pissed right now I just wish I never bought a damn piece of shit honduh:’(:’(:’(

Offer them anal, and watch how fast it gets fixed…:thumbup :lol

u r nasty:crazy

take it to another dealer and see what they say, i know a kid who works in the shop at lia honda. That may be your best route.

Youre just figuring this out :lmao :tongue

:ponder VVT has nothing to do with interference. if you float a valve by over revving it( which will cause the valve spring to collapse) the valve is “floating” for a period of time and can make contact with the piston.

what I meant is that its possible for the timing to have been off when I started it and then cause it to do that, I think its a rocker though, my car isnt running like krap at all, runs fine theres just the noise