bmw guys enlighten me!

brent… you should buy a e46… if you get the picture

Might have been that they weren’t brought to the states until 84, But I remember seeing '81. Pretty much all of the models were a couple years behind in the US.

Wasn’t there at least a e28/e34 td in the US? I know I have seen at least a couple for sale.

Edit: From what I could tell there were at least a couple e28 524ts and even a e34 or two that at least made it here. There is an e34 524td on autotrader.com right now in Richmond VA

am 81 should have been an E21

^even in europe 81’s were e21.

but yes, they did offer the td in e28’s in the states, (no e30, e34, or e36 td’s in the states though, they were europe only)

homo, why bother “sifting” when u dont do ure own work anyways :wink:
I on the other hand find these forums very useful. If you have any specific question you can always search and find because its already been discovered and fixed. there are retards on the forums that know nothing but you usually can spot them from a mile away.

lol is this zwarbyt & rover’s old car?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=248551756&dealer_id=63004447&car_year=1995&model=524TD&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=23218&advanced=&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=4

shrugs just came across it

actually just noticed the inter cooler in the grill, that’s a nice car to have in the states.

thanks for all the info guys i will keep you guys posted with what i find

HA that is it…

im bringing this back i have narrowed down my search to an e46. i have found a great deal on 1 with everything i want except it is autotragic. how hard is it to do a manual conversion? also what kind of power and performance can be expected out of a 328i? do they have chips and tuning for these like they do for the vw’s, or what can be done for a little more power. i am still doing research however i have been really busy lately so any info would be most appreciated. thanks

Eww. Don’t buy a car planning to do a manual swap. If it turns out anything like your CRX, you’ll never actually drive it.

<3

For new E9X based BMW’s e90post.com and m3post.com

+1

The swap will cost you an extra 1.5g’s + for the tranny (And that’s getting lucky with a high mileage one). Just keep searching for the car with a stick in it. E36s and E46s are as common as camaros.

I have heard it stands for fuel injection

it does…

Also chips will gain you shit on BMW’s, except with the N54 motor. VW respond well to tunes because they are FI.

And holy crap it took you a year to find an E46?

i <3 my bmw.

+1

i - Fuel Injected
is - Fuel Injected Sports. Sports package, with better suspension, sway bars, etc…
ic - Fuel Injected Cabriolet, Convertible models
e - ETA model. Built by BMW as efficiency-minded cars during the 1980s
es - ETA Sports, ETA model with sports package.
Ci - Fuel Injected Coupe. This designation is used on most modern BMWs
Csi - Fuel Injected Sports coupe.
iT - Fuel Injected Touring.- BMWs station wagon.
iX - Fuel Injected - All Wheel Drive.
Ti - Fuel Injected - Touring Compact.
Tii - Fuel Injected - Touring International. Used only on early cars
M Motorsports. - M3, M5 for example.
L - Luxury.- Basically a normal car fitted with full leather and all options, i.e. L6, L7

I miss my BMW already. :frowning:

i know your right it was just an informative question and i did drive the crx down the driveway kinda. i should just save up for a trip to come vist you in Hawaii instead right.

:tup: Now you’re on the right track.