BMW M62TUB44 V8 + 6 speed

Out of my 2001 E39 540i. This is the M62TUB44 V8 with Vanos, and the 6 speed manual. Great for someone looking to swap into a project car, do an auto to manual swap, or just looking for a replacement drivetrain.

When I bought the car from a member on here (tpgsr), I was told that the motor was a replacement with about 75K on it (car had 100K on it then). That puts the motor at about 100K now. I was also told the clutch and flywheel were replaced new with the motor, so I’m assuming they have about 25k on them. Transmission does not grind, and clutch grabs hard.

The VANOS is knocking (does not affect the performance of the motor), and the valve covers are peeling. Oh well.

Burns NO oil, pulls hard, no misfires. Check engine light never went on in the 16 months I’ve owned the car. Motor and trans are out of the car and sitting in my garage. I have videos of the car running on the street and a few dyno pulls (where it made a healthy 282whp/302 ft-lbs).

Comes will all front end accessories.
Power steering pump is 1 year old.
Expensive water-cooled alternator is 10 months old.
Water pump is 10 months old. (Metal impeller type).

I did the valley pan overhaul about 8 months ago, which included replacement of the following parts with OEM:

valley pan cover and gasket
intake manifold gaskets (x4)
throttle body gasket
CCV (rear manifold cover, along with new gasket)
water pump replaced with metal impeller type (and new gasket)
2 new serpentine belts
water manifold gaskets (rear of block)
vent pipe underneath the manifold
both water tubes under the manifold, along with new O-rings

$2000.

nogiba5@gmail.com
Call/Text 716 949 7424

That is a great price seeing the motor was nearly 5k when we had it put in.

somebody put this into an E30.

Thanks Mike. I’m sure somebody will be asking you questions about it at some point.

MPD PMd me a few months ago showing some interest. I PMd him a few days ago before I made this thread but no response. He was thinking about putting it in an E46.

Any way this would fit in an 89 e34 525i with out a redic amount of work?

I’m not sure. I know the E34 540i came with the M60, which is a smaller displacement version of this engine. I’m sure you could find the motor mounts from an E34 540i and make something work.

Oh, odd, never saw the PM.

Anyway, I’m laid up right now after having knee surgery so I can’t come look at it anyway. I have mounts for this to install it in an e30 chassis if anyone is interested. I have an S62 and an 2jz I’m working with on my second chassis so I’m no longer interested.

Would love this for my E36 haha. Glws :tup:

Officially for sale, probably pulling it tonight.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/3388300387.html

Motor and trans are now out of the car.

Saw this on craigs. I might be very interested for my e30. I promised myself that I would do a V8 swap sooner or later.

match made in heaven!

I sold the motor but still have the trans, clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate. Sent you a PM. You can pick up a motor for not too much.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/pts/3397764954.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/pts/3358376329.html

Sent you a PM, shoot me a text