body lift

is anyone into this kinda stuff on the site. i just bought a real clean 93 f150 as a daily to carry the 4 wheeler and makes things a little easier in the winter. i think it would be pretty kool to lift her up about 3 inches and put some bigger rubber on it. kits are pretty low pricewise but what aout installation. how much would it cost and could anyone on here do it cheaper. any suggestions lets hear em. thanks

Body lifts are fairly easy to do your self but time consuming in most full size trucks. On my gmc it was about a 6 hour project start to finish so consider that with a shop the’ll charge you out the ass. Id say spend a weekend with a couple buddies and do it yourself.

Also im not really familiar with the trucks does it have torsion bars or springs up front. If it has torsion bars u can just crank on them and get a good 1-3 inches out of that and maybe blocks in the rear or if it has springs put some coil spring spacers and lift blocks in the back.

FUCKING nightmare on any ford … even worse if the truck is from here … cause the body bolts from the inside down … not like a chebby or dodge …

you can find a decent 4" susp. lift for about $400 … or just junkyard it and grab the componets from a 250 or 350 … they will both bolt up … if ya find the 350 … you will also get the dual shock front setup

hmmmmm love conflicting opinions. anyone think they would be up for doing this and making some extra loot?

I’m against body lifts myself. If you do any kind of hard wheeling, the stress of the bodymounts are put on the wrong points. You will and I promise will pull out a body mount living up here with a body lift and hard wheeling. If your doing it strictly for looks and minor wheeling then ok , i suppose. If your truck is a auto and you plan on going with a 3" you will also have to mess with the shift linkage. Most good kits come with the parts for that. I’ve done them on a Jeep CJ and a S10 Blazer. The Jeep was a cake walk, the blazer sucked.

[quote=“mindless,post:2,topic:36126"”]

Body lifts are fairly easy to do your self but time consuming in most full size trucks. On my gmc it was about a 6 hour project start to finish so consider that with a shop the’ll charge you out the ass. Id say spend a weekend with a couple buddies and do it yourself.

Also im not really familiar with the trucks does it have torsion bars or springs up front. If it has torsion bars u can just crank on them and get a good 1-3 inches out of that and maybe blocks in the rear or if it has springs put some coil spring spacers and lift blocks in the back.

[/quote]

But if you crank the torsion bars up too high, it puts way too much stress on them, one decent pothole/curb/rock, and you will crack/bend or plain out fuck up the torsion bars. <— speaking from experience.

[quote=“1995z2d8,post:4,topic:36126"”]

hmmmmm love conflicting opinions. anyone think they would be up for doing this and making some extra loot?

[/quote]

DO NOT attempt a body lift on that truck !!! they are garbage …

just do a cheap susp. setup … please listen to me … I went through the same shit with my bronco

[quote=“BDR5oh,post:7,topic:36126"”]

DO NOT attempt a body lift on that truck !!! they are garbage …

just do a cheap susp. setup … please listen to me … I went through the same shit with my bronco

[/quote]

I do agree. Under $500 for a good kit.
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/248104.html

wow the suspension lift is fuckin cheap compared to what ive seen. that seems to come with alot more work though. was hoping not to have to pay another 1000 to hook this beast up. By the way this project is definitely not for any type of hard wheeling. this is going to be a daily that i want to put some big mud tires on and play with in the snow then tow my raptor with. thanks for all the help. anybody know how much a suspension lift install would be?

Either call Jim Dean’s or United 4 wheel drive. They’ll give ya the best prices.

jim deans sucks. no sarcasm.

[quote=“4x4jimmy,post:11,topic:36126"”]

jim deans sucks. no sarcasm.

[/quote]

never been there actually. Just know of them. I used to get all my stuff from either United or catalog.