Truck lift/tires question

Need some help from someone whos firmiliar with lifted trucks and big tires as I’ve owned like 56 cars in my life and maybe 2 trucks lol… I fixed my ranger up to running nice and good, just got it detailed today at northeast motorsports and got some hids installed at tint star… I know hids on a ranger is wierd but after having a million kits on your car its kinda hard to drive with stock yellow lights.

Anyways, now that the trucks running and looking good I wanna hook it up a little bit by doing a SLIGHT lift and bigger tires to hopefully make up for the stupidity of a 2wd truck lol and hopefully make it look it little agressive.

Truck specs

2006 Ford Ranger XLT short bed 2wd

I kind of like the look of this truck right here, in order to get this look what would I need to do? On ebay I see a 3" bodylift, would that be enough or would I HAVE to do a suspension lift?

http://i56.tinypic.com/4g0z01.jpg

You’re just all over the map with your projects! :lol

Reckone has had a lot of experience, also slwrthnu and offroadjz.

why was it missing??

huh? Why was what missing?

i am going to guess the other thread you made about bad idle.
What was the issue? if you fixed it?

Do a suspension lift. Im sure theres a few Pre Runner lift kits out there for 2wd Rangers.

Stop by Capital District Trunk Center on State Street and see what they have/can do. I know theyve got a pretty sick Ranger there.

so u took a pic of a pc screen with a camera, and uploaded it here? :lol plz no… lol

oh… I stated in the other thread it needed a head. Got one from junkyard for $100, runs great now.

lol, took that pic a while ago and texted it to a friend, tried to find it tonight on google but I couldnt so I uploaded it from my phone lol.

What do you think a suspension lift would run, arent they retarded expensive and then involved in installing? Im trying to do something relatively cheap as this is just a work truck… Besides, I have a feeling new rims/tires are going to cost me well over $1,000.

This was the bodylift I was looking to grab, no good you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230588637450&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

^this. CDTC=very helpful

Go to the truck center defiantly. They have a lifted 2wd ranger right in side the show room.

Ready-lift is mostlikley what they will recommend. Check out ready-lifts for a ranger and see if it’s enough of a lift for you.

Usually a good lift kit runs $600-1200. Maybe less for a 2wd but Im not sure. You can check out www.fourwheelparts.com to see if they have one.

I wouldnt do a bodylift.

don’t do a body lift

why?

because theyre cheesy and look terrible in person.

+1 on that…just makes your frame more noticable…do a real suspension lift and it will lift the whole frame and body…looks much nicer

Does a bodylift allow more clearance for bigger tires?.. this is the main reason for a lift.

Body lifts look like garbage unless with a nice lift and gap guards, side steps…blah blah. Too much needed to make the package work.

depends on the truck actually.
MY FJ, bigger tires hit the body mount boss on the frame before anything else. a suspension lift gave more room there, a body lift would not have.

personally, i’d leave a 2wd truck alone unless you are going long travel pre runner with it.

you do what you want though, its your truck